Dinner for Friday, November 2nd, All Souls day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I`m doing a Lamb Biriyani.

BT, not long now and he`ll be looking for Bigger water and wanting a Surf Board dude!

Hey Jeff, my hand hurts, too.

Well it's tasting pretty good. Basically done. Haven't thickened the gravy yet or cooked off the dumplings.

The mustard/caraway seed seasoning on the pork cooked in beer and water-- awesome flavor to the broth!!! It's going to cook a bit longer just to finish it off so everything is fork tender. The smell is driving me nutz.....

Paella is one of my fave dishes on the planet. In a pinch you could pick up a Spanish rice mix. (I have a quickie recipe with marinated artichoke hearts, clams? etc.). Posted a recipe for tomato paella, if you have a chance try a search. Very yummy. Off topic - heard the writers walked out on strike. Hope it doesn't effect anyone here.

thanks amy. i'll look for your recipes. :chef:

i love paella as well. i've always used a spanish rice mix but would like to do one from scratch, using plain rice with saffron and my own blend of spices.

lol, well, it was a 50/50 shot, elfie.

screw the gas, tolls, and wear and tear getting home and back. i wouldn't miss this for the world:

ryanbath1sp5.jpg
what a little doll, tell him to move over, I am in need of a good hot tubby myself right about now:-p

dinner for me, well, it just may actually be food. the tea will be there too tho

I decided I need to lose a couple lbs b4 the holidays. My pants are a little snug . . . not the way I want to enter the season. Sooooo I'll work out extra and keep an extra eye on what I eat. Tonight is a simple Greek Style salad with some grilled chicken

I wish I had your resolve, PytnPlace. Dinner for me will probably be a glass of milk and lots of candy I pilfered from my little goblin's Trick-Or-Treat bag!

Just thought I would let you all know-- the dinner was a HUGE success. It was mild but full flavored, I served the Czeck pork loin (recipe under pork) with a wedge of iceberg lettuce and sweetened mayo.. I didn't want salad dressing fighting with the soft flavors of the roast.

Very simple to cook, and is outstanding!!!!!

HeHee Fisher's Mom, sounds like my DH fav meal!! I'm lucky that I don't have a huge sweet tooth, although I'm having a hard time not diving into the Snickers!!!

Last night was a processed food/comfort food extravaganza - lol!!!

Gorton's Lemon Pepper breaded fish filets paired with Knorr's Rotini With Four Cheeses mix. And the usual fresh mixed green salad (baby greens paired with romaine lettuce).

A good time was enjoyed by all (processed food notwithstanding) - lol!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom