dinner for January 28th, 2006?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i have to think on that one. something lt. fish or chicken? or pasta w/ a little drizzle of oliveoil and salt & pepper?
you?

luckily we have a party to go to tonight. so, no cooking for me.
tomorrow it's a funeral:cry: service and we'll probably go to dinner on the way home.

hope you all enjoy your weekend.

I'm sorry your having a sad weekend there lefselover!!

We'll be having Greek chicken gyros. Not sure what will go with them yet though.

We have a party to go to tonight too.
I'm taking some artichoke dip and some Mexican deviled eggs.
There will be a ton of other food, including two different birthday cakes
and three gallons of ice cream!

oh, yikes - I forgot about Greek night, corazon. Think Handy Husband will let me turn his ribs into Greek ribs (ducking and running away just at the thought of it......)?

mudbug said:
oh, yikes - I forgot about Greek night, corazon. Think Handy Husband will let me turn his ribs into Greek ribs (ducking and running away just at the thought of it......)?

Good luck, Mudbug!!:LOL:

Doing easy tonight,
Steak sammies on sourdough toasted rolls, with sauteed mushrooms,onions, garlic fries and Dh gets th last piece of apple custard pie..

kadesma:)

I cannot decide what to make. It is a toss up between green chile enchilada casserole or chip-n-chili pie. I also have enough ingredients to make chili, but I think I might make that tomorrow. My mom gave me ground elk meat and I am going to put that in the chili. So, I guess I will make the enchilada casserole because if I am making chili tomorrow I will have chili two days in a row if I make the chip-n-chili pie.

Last edited:
I know what you mean, Sierra.

We had Chinese takeout Thursday night and then the boss sprang for Chinese for lunch the next day and we still have takeout leftovers and I am SO not eating Chinese again for awhile...........

Chinese takeout or any Asian dishes are the one thing that I could never tire of eating. It is my favorite choice of food to eat when dining out. When I get takeout I usually get extra so I can have leftovers for at least a couple of meals. Yum!!

I am feeling particularly proud of myself right now:) I have cooked two meals this afternoon, a baked chicken w/lemon garlic thyme for tonight. Then in the slowcooker is a pork roast w/ orange chile sauce! So no cooking tomorrow for me! well, except the greens, but Dave usually does the veggies!

Alright, Sierracook, here you are! It's found in "The 150 Best Slowcooker Recipes" by Judith Finlayson

Pork Roast w/Chili-Orange Sauce

4 slices bacon, finely chopped
1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast, trimmed of excess fat, about 3 lbs
2 large onions thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
1 1/2 T chili powder
1 t salt
1 t cracked black peppercorns
1/4 c all purpose flour
1 T orange zest
1 1/2 c orange juice
2 bananas thinly sliced

1. In a skillet, over medium high heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove w/ a slotted spoon to paper towel and drain thoroughly.
2. In same pan, brown roast on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker stoneware.
3. Remove all but 1 T fat from pan. Reduce heat to medium. Add onions and cook, stirring until softened. Add garlic, jalapeno, chili powder, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Sprinkle flour over mixture and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add orange zest, juice and bananas and cook. Stir to scrape up any brown bits and mashing bananas into sauce. Stir in bacon pieces.
4. Pour over pork and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours, until meat is very tender.

I have made this once before, and to tell the truth, was a little scared of that much jalapeno and chili powder. So I cut back to 1 jalapeno and a mere 2 t of chili powder! I know, I am a chicken, but it was so yummy and my kids even loved it! So I cooked it the exact same. If you try it full blown, then let me know how hot it is! Maybe I'll be more daring third time round!:)

OMGosh Jenny, that recipes sounds awesome, just printed it and will pick up a pork roast this week - I love crock recipes and that one sounds great!

Dinner tonight - out with four other couples (my cousins and their spouses) to a restaurant called Bucca di Beppo - very good italian food - ginourmous portions - looking forward to eating like a queen tonight - and enjoying some good vino too - and lets not forget dessert! We don't dine out often anymore because my son is "that age" - the "do not attempt eating in a restaurant unless it is mcdonalds" age - which i should be over in six months - so i am really looking forward to this feast tonight - i may even nap to make sure i am ready!:LOL:

MM, where is Bucca di Beppo near you?

My brother and SIL live in Oswego and my sis (nicknamed Beppo, btw) and BIL live in Naperville. Let me know how your dinner went and I will turn them on to it. Coming up your way in Feb., so I might need to check it out myself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom