Dinner for Mon. 10/29/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
It's time for soup for supper for us tonight.

Actually, I guess it's more like STOOP as I'm doing a pot of pork shoulder Pozole Verde today because I've been craving it for the past hot months.

What's going on at your house?

Last edited:
We had Cracker Barrel. I got the new chicken fried turkey breast. No big deal. It tasted bland to me. I basically had a tomato juice, a taste of the turkey, the cranberry sauce, 2 biscuits and grits. I also tried the spiced apple cider tea which was also a miss. Won’t be having either again. I brought home my leftovers which will be a whole meal for hub later. I’ll have chicken and stars soup later.

Last edited:
The grocery had Butoni filled pasta on BOGO this week, so we got a couple of packages of ricotta filled spinach tortillinis and made the onion/Marsala/garlic sauce that goes with our homemade spinach pasta.

Attachments

• 2018-10-29 17.56.41.jpg
    2018-10-29 17.56.41.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 128
I was planning on a skillet dinner of kielbasa, potato, bell peppers, onions and eggs, but as it gets later, I think I'll have that tomorrow and throw together a tuna melt instead. Tyler is about done with his snack and homework and it's such a beautiful afternoon - I'd rather spend it playing ball in the backyard with him instead of chopping up all that stuff. :LOL:

Last edited:
Tonight's dinner was an attempt at copying a meal we had out a few months back. I bought some dry scallops for $10 / lb. a while back and froze them ($18 / lb. yesterday). Not as good as when I bought them fresh, but not bad.

I made a bed of corn, bacon, red pepper, and shallots for the scallops. I found some reasonably large asparagus, so those were roasted with EVOO and garlic.

Mrs. T said "This is a really elegant dinner". It's only Monday.

Elegant works for me, tenspeed, no matter what day of the week it is. After all, when you're retired, EVERY day can be Saturday.

We had Cracker Barrel...It tasted bland to me...
That sums up why we stopped going to Cracker Barrel. Seems like no matter what we ordered, it all tasted the same.

I'm pretty sure tonight's supper won't taste bland to us. I'm trying a recipe I found in one of my murder mystery books, "Spunky, Funky Black Bean Chicken". It has onions, chili powder, black beans, tomatoes, chicken, smoked sausage, and red bell pepper. We'll probably be burping all night long. :LOL:

I thought I'd get an Octoberfest type meal in before November..although, this sausage and the Pirogi are a bit more on the Polish side.

Attachments

• 45044491_1939178493044993_7052418389741928448_n.jpg
    45044491_1939178493044993_7052418389741928448_n.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 155
Chili dogs tonight, with canned chili (with beans) and lots of cheese. No salad, no sides, no apologies.

Well, we didn't manage to make supper. Ordered out. I had a hamburger steak with onions and mushrooms. DH had a club sandwich. We both opted for baked potato instead of fries. It was pretty darned good.

Last Night's Panko-Crusted Mahi Mahi (First fish in the Air Fryer), Horsey Sauce, Black Beans & Rice, Carrots, Drowned in Butter and Parsley, and Garden salad w/ Red Wine Vinaigrette.

Mahi Mahi, Panko Crusted.jpg

Back
Top Bottom