Dinner for Monday, April 28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
Okay, I'll start us off today.

I'm making Jamie Oliver's "Grilled spatchcocked chicken with new potatoes" and roasted sprouts for the veg.

Decided on dessert. I am going to try the cookies from a cake mix that has been a thread on here. The flavor??? Orange cake mix with white chips!

And what is on every one else's menus?

Last edited:
Good thing I checked before I started, I was just gonna do it!
I'm going to try the roasted asparagus pasta toss i saw on a thread here last week.

I'm making steak sandwiches with thin-sliced Ny Strips, lettuce, tomato and mayo on toasted grinder rolls. Then I'll roast some red bliss potatoes tossed in olive oil, cumin, salt pepper and garlic for the side. Don't have any dessert tonight.

doing another corned beef brisket ... it's cool enough today and one each spring is not enough!

I was planning on doing boneless chicken thighs tonight. Plain salt and pepper for the border as usual, but for ours I was going to use a moroccan rub I got from a friend. Of course DH just called and said he wasn't feeling well so those thighs just might be turned into chicken soup!

Think I'll make a pot roast tonight, with usual veggies (carrots, potatoes,onions).

Spaghetti with meatballs, accompanied by homemade Italian buns made by a friend of mine today, a nice Italian lady. I was lucky to get them home intact, they smelled so good. Lucky me!

Chinese takeout fer us. shrimpwith garlic sauce, veggie lo mein & jake's dinner was chix & broccoli.

Buck's at a dinner meeting tonight and there are no leftovers in the fridge. I'm going to top an avocado with a ham/egg salad mixture and have a couple of slices of N.Y. Times bread along with. May have another slice with "real" butter for dessert. :rolleyes:

I'm wingin' it!

I made a casserole the other night that I screwed up (meat overdone, veggies the opposite, juice fantastic), so I'm turning it into a soup.... armed with a picture of Ol-blue's ravioli soup on the counter.

I'll be back....... :)

either.. shrimp and scallops in Buckytoms garlic sauce or
scrambled eggs with elk steak and onions.

Grilled Porterhouse (choice) over lump charchoal and sprigs of thyme. My demi sauce mounted with butter. Pan roasted asparagus with red pepper flakes, pignoli and a white wine butter sauce.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom