Dinner for Monday August 11th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bob, after you pour a glass for Amber, please pour me one too.

I'm making french dips (all day in the slow cooker) out of Tri-Tip! Go figure! But, the store had them at $2.99/lb, cheaper than any other cut of beef. So it'll be fantastic tonight for sure!
With that, I'll make up a nice salad and a cheese plate.
I also made an apple pie.

ordered a pizza. same place i always do, and it is good. not so tonight. ordered one with everything and anchovies on the side. very few toppings and no little fishes . only ate one piece . to tired to call and complain. will definitely do so tomorrow.

bummer

babe:(

dw and my boy made turkey meatballs and whole wheat penne.

i wondered why the meatballs were a lot smaller than the usual ones my wife makes, but then i saw my boy staring at me, nearly bursting with great anticipation until i tried the meatballs that he made. dw mixed them up, but he rolled them for her to fry. afterwards, he put them into the sauce to finish.

he also made me tomato soup, which was water added to some plain sauce. i don't think that i've ever enjoyed watery sauce that much in my life! :)

A BIG salad: romaine lettuce, fresh garden ripe tomatoes and cucumbers and thinly sliced tri-tip steak, with Asian vinaigrette dressing, and some garlic/buttered toasted French bread slices

leftover chili, skillet cornbread, broccoli, and garden salad..........chili should be really tasty after 3 days of melding all the flavors..........used tenderloin for the meat......it's really cheap here (shhhhhh---don't tell anyone here that I said that!!!)

LOL----not horsemeat if that's what you're afraid to ask, BT.........but real beef and it's delicious.....it's about $6 a pound here and very tender and low fat.....that's what I will use in my stroganoff this weekend when we have friends over

Bob, after you pour a glass for Amber, please pour me one too.

I'm making french dips (all day in the slow cooker) out of Tri-Tip! Go figure! But, the store had them at $2.99/lb, cheaper than any other cut of beef. So it'll be fantastic tonight for sure!
With that, I'll make up a nice salad and a cheese plate.
I also made an apple pie.

How did you cook your tri-tip? How did you season it? Did you add liquid? What kind? How did it come out?

Tri-tip is expensive and hard to come by on the east coast. I have a couple in the freezer and I am looking for other ways to cook them other then the grill. Your reply will be most appreciated.

LOL----not horsemeat if that's what you're afraid to ask, BT.........but real beef and it's delicious.....it's about $6 a pound here and very tender and low fat.....that's what I will use in my stroganoff this weekend when we have friends over

Six dollors a pound, cheap??

I was thinking maybe yak or something ...

I remember wanting to make beef tenderloin 15 years ago for the people we were staying with not realizing that beef tenderloin (it was real cheap in Egypt, too) and filet mignon were the same thing. The butcher told me to look in the meat case.......I saw beef tenderloin nowhere.........so he came over to help me and pointed to the filet mignon at $13 a pound.........talk about a retard......I asked "you mean that filet mignon and beef tenderloin are the same thing?" He was very nice and didn't make fun of my ignorance.........so we went with New York strip steak instead....I have no idea what filet mignon sells for now in the states because I never buy it when I'm home

Chicken breasts with lots of spices in an orange sauce, served with scallions, brown rice, and green beans. Homemade devil's food cake with dark chocolate ganache for dessert.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom