Dinner for one

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's just the two of us here, so when my husband has his twice a month Lions Club meeting, I take that opportunity to "vacation" from cooking. I usually reheat something leftover. If there are no leftovers, I also do what I've seen others do. I thought I was just weird, but after seeing several posts in this thread, I think I'm normal. I'll just make a bunch of popcorn. The old-fashioned way - on the stove with oil. Topped with real butter. Eat the whole bowl with some "adult beverage" to wash it down.

My husband doesn't eat any red meat products, although I still enjoy them once in awhile. So when I know he's not going to be home for dinner, I usually buy myself a nice steak or some lamb & either just grill them with the appropriate sides, or make myself a lamb curry or something lke that. If I'm in the mood for seafood & there's fresh shad roe, bluefish, or mackeral available (all things husband also hates), then I'll go for that instead.

Basically, if there's something I have a taste for that I know husband wouldn't enjoy, my "single" nights are terrific for enjoying them!

Dinner?

A day late and a dollar or two short :) I'd have grilled some fish and also some veggies - squash is fantastic on the grill. But then again, the idea of "breakfast" for dinner has always appealed to me. Who decided what was breakfast food, anyway? An omelet containing cooked crumbled bacon is always nice, a bit of spinach (NOT fresh from California!) and a dollop of brie is wonderful. Fry some potatoes with onions in the bacon grease (home fries) and you've got a nice artery-hardening dinner :chef:

friday night i did have the kids but no hubby so i made the girls
pasta standard meat sauce they loved it. for me i grilled
salmon, baked acorn squash, and rice with sun dried tomatoes
all was so good the squash i salt and peppered and baked with some
butter and a bit of blue cheese. yummy

saturday baked potatoe, creamed spinach, and filet topped with blue cheese.

yummy too

thanks for all your great ideas

loin lamb chops pan grilled with rosemary and garlic
cumin couscous peas and a light salad.
time 10-15 min start to finish
delish

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom