"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-04-2008, 04:19 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,371
Well gang I just scared the deck out of ADT I set off the fire alarm,,Gads what a racket..My ears are still ringing I was getting the fry pan and some veggie oil hot to deep fry some shrimp and garlic chips..Needed paper towels, removed the pan from the heat but did NOT turn off the gas well let me tell you the noise, and the voice screaming fire fire made your ears ring.. I wonder if this is wnat the doc meant when he said to relax and keep my blood pressure down? Alls well now but wow it was fun for a few minutes..
So it will be a large platter of Italian cold cuts, mortadella,salami,copa,proscuitto,provolone,,,focc acia and rolls, olives,peppers,marinated artichokes,of course our usual platter of fruits, will make some fried eggplant as long as I don't get the fire alarm upset again
set up a bar for a change and have peach bellini,lemon drop or cosmopolitan goodies,beer,plain sodas, mango ice tea or iced coffee..
dessert, banana splits..
kadesma, happy sunday
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 04:23 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 24,778
Got back a couple of hours ago from a weekend away. Had a big breakfast and stopped for a late lunch of roadside BBQ, so not very hungry. Probably just a big salad from the garden, maybe with some sliced leftover grilled chicken on top.
__________________
Anyplace where people argue about food is a good place.
~ Anthony Bourdain, Parts Unknown, 2018
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 04:31 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Uncle Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Small Town Mississippi
Posts: 17,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Well gang I just scared the deck out of ADT I set off the fire alarm,,Gads what a racket..My ears are still ringing I was getting the fry pan and some veggie oil hot to deep fry some shrimp and garlic chips..Needed paper towels, removed the pan from the heat but did NOT turn off the gas well let me tell you the noise, and the voice screaming fire fire made your ears ring.. I wonder if this is wnat the doc meant when he said to relax and keep my blood pressure down? Alls well now but wow it was fun for a few minutes..
So it will be a large platter of Italian cold cuts, mortadella,salami,copa,proscuitto,provolone,,,focc acia and rolls, olives,peppers,marinated artichokes,of course our usual platter of fruits, will make some fried eggplant as long as I don't get the fire alarm upset again
set up a bar for a change and have peach bellini,lemon drop or cosmopolitan goodies,beer,plain sodas, mango ice tea or iced coffee..
dessert, banana splits..
kadesma, happy sunday

You are a funny lady!! I'm not even hungry...I've eaten my big "dinner' for the day at noon...for supper I was thinking maybe just a sandwich or less...But after reading about your platter of cold cuts, fried eggplant etc...I was wondering if I could just come by your house and "graze" for a little while?? I want stay long, and will leave before dark. Ok??
__________________
There is only one Quality worse than Hardness of Heart, and that is Softness of Head.

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #24
Sous Chef
 
SurvivorGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canada Eh! {Muahaha! ;)}
Posts: 861
corn on the cob - havn't decided if i should do it on the grill or simply boil it, the others are having grilled salmon (i can't im a vegetarian however) sticky rice (soo darn good!!) and hmmmm, perhaps i'll roast some tofu!
__________________
It's laisez-faire, I don't even give a care.
Let's make Friday part of the weekend and give every new baby a chocolate eclair.

Live Strong
SurvivorGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 05:15 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
The dressing for the cole slaw got made a couple hours ago (one of the recipes John A posted a while back and didn't need the slaw to sit in overnight), the bread in the machine has about two more hours, the ribs have been smokin' on the grill for a little over an hour, the sun finally came out again and the beer is starting to taste pretty good. If I could scoot down the road and pick up some corn at the stand, life would be darn near perfect right now.
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:19 PM   #26
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North
Posts: 20,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Well gang I just scared the deck out of ADT I set off the fire alarm,,Gads what a racket..My ears are still ringing I was getting the fry pan and some veggie oil hot to deep fry some shrimp and garlic chips..Needed paper towels, removed the pan from the heat but did NOT turn off the gas well let me tell you the noise, and the voice screaming fire fire made your ears ring.. I wonder if this is wnat the doc meant when he said to relax and keep my blood pressure down? Alls well now but wow it was fun for a few minutes..
So it will be a large platter of Italian cold cuts, mortadella,salami,copa,proscuitto,provolone,,,focc acia and rolls, olives,peppers,marinated artichokes,of course our usual platter of fruits, will make some fried eggplant as long as I don't get the fire alarm upset again
set up a bar for a change and have peach bellini,lemon drop or cosmopolitan goodies,beer,plain sodas, mango ice tea or iced coffee..
dessert, banana splits..
kadesma, happy sunday
Kades, after this and the note about the pharmacy, are you still maintaining that you and the doctors don't know why your BP is doing flip flops? I am really glad Uncle Bob is coming to check up on you!

The border is taking us out for dinner tonight. He let us pick and then said he wanted prime rib, which leaves us only one choice.....my absolute favourite restaurant! Think I will either have steak Diane or Linguine Carbanara with a side of mushrooms and Caesar Salad!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffeine-free and loving it!
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:19 PM   #27
Master Chef
 
SierraCook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sierra Valley, Northern California, USA
Posts: 5,580
I cannot decide what to make for dinner. I the ingredients prepped to make either Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole or Chinese Pepper Steak. Also, I want to make a loaf of jalapeno cheddar cheese beer bread, which really does not go with either of those dishes!!
__________________
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:26 PM   #28
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Sierra, is there a recipe here somewhere for that bread? Could there be?
Does it have beer in it, or do you just need to drink a lot of beer when you eat it?
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:35 PM   #29
Head Chef
 
Angie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Iowa!!!
Posts: 1,113
Just a cottage pie, with chocolate layer cake for dessert.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:48 PM   #30
Master Chef
 
SierraCook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sierra Valley, Northern California, USA
Posts: 5,580
Pacanis, here it is. It took me a bit to find it. The original recipe did not have cheese or jalapeno added, but that is discussed in the thread.

Sierra Brewfest Beer Bread
__________________
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:11 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Katie H's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Posts: 16,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraCook View Post
Pacanis, here it is. It took me a bit to find it. The original recipe did not have cheese or jalapeno added, but that is discussed in the thread.

Sierra Brewfest Beer Bread
Omigosh! I HAVE to make this bread.
__________________
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:36 PM   #32
Head Chef
 
Jeff G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,352
Roast pork loin cooked in Red pepper relish with extra roasted red peppers. Corn on the cob again, not as good today. I fell asleep with the roast on the grill, slightly overcooked but still very tasty.

Crescent rolls(nothing that good should be that easy).

Mixed fruit for desert.
Jeff G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:21 PM   #33
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North
Posts: 20,311
Okay, we got to the restaurant and as I knew would happen I completely changed my mind and had the chicken Oscar with baked potato and salad. It was excellent and I have enough for lunch tomorrow!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffeine-free and loving it!
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:14 PM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire
 
babetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: escondido, calif. near san diego
Posts: 14,341
ended up with a store bought turkey pot pie. was ok, and some awful brocc. green giant with with cheese. mostly stems.live and learn.

maybe some fruit later and crackers and cheese

babe
__________________
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:25 PM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
You are a funny lady!! I'm not even hungry...I've eaten my big "dinner' for the day at noon...for supper I was thinking maybe just a sandwich or less...But after reading about your platter of cold cuts, fried eggplant etc...I was wondering if I could just come by your house and "graze" for a little while?? I want stay long, and will leave before dark. Ok??
why you sure can..We always have room for more..I love company..

kades
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:28 PM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Kades, after this and the note about the pharmacy, are you still maintaining that you and the doctors don't know why your BP is doing flip flops? I am really glad Uncle Bob is coming to check up on you!

The border is taking us out for dinner tonight. He let us pick and then said he wanted prime rib, which leaves us only one choice.....my absolute favourite restaurant! Think I will either have steak Diane or Linguine Carbanara with a side of mushrooms and Caesar Salad!
After this weekend the doctors will all most likely be out of town when I call from now on And I plan to keep UB busy when he gets here..So much to do and cook having a partner will be so nice..just think sitting in my chair and watching someone fry eggplant Enjoy that dinner, I plan to enjoy mine...

kades
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:20 PM   #37
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cicero, IL
Posts: 5,093
We ate at our favorite Thai restaurant today, posted pictures in another thread of the kids trying to eat with chopsticks, was pretty funny stuff.
Maverick2272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.