Dinner for Thurday 4-10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

middie

Chef Extraordinaire
I got a great deal on pork loin last night. $1.77 a pound !
Just shy of 7 pounds for $11 and some odd cents.
I had then cut the whole thing up in 1/2 inch pieces.

So tonight it's pork chops, garlic mashed potatoes (skin on),
green beans and applesauce.

Going to freeze the rest of the loin for future use.
I see sweet and sour pork in the near future.

Don't you just love a great meat sale??

I'm making Red beans and Rice in the crockpot.... will add some sliced Kielbasa.

I just wish I could remember how I made it last time. I looked at about 5 recipes, made up my own from them, and didn't write it down! Oh Well.

I finished up the sausage meat by cooking more patties and having them with fresh bread and HEAPS of my tomato jam.

Hope to do a bit of cooking on the weekend as the veges looked pretty good today at the shops so I want to use them in something other than just straight veges. Potato and leek soup is first on the agenda and I saw a good recipe for zucchini slice with bacon in it that looked simple which I wouldn't mind giving a try. See how I go though as I also want to make a Winter pudding and more tomato jam. But this is starting to sound more like a few days worth of cooking allowing for the lack of space in my kitchen!! LOL

Just got back from several weeks in the states and I'm ready for some home cooking again. Tonight I am making Prime Rib with horseradish sauce and serving it with green beans, salad and red cabbage (a little red wine, apple and cranberries).

chicken and mushroom pie each.

it`s been the week from H3ll but I`m Finally re-connected back on the net again with a Hopefully stable 8meg line, the place has been like Grand Central station here with engineers and friends popping in/out, but all should be working even Better now.

I`M BACK! :w00t2::cool:

'Drunk Chicken'-yesterday I grilled chops-when chops and veggies and peaches were grilled I closed the lid on the chicken and venison/pork sausages

Bilby-Tomato jam-new to me and sounds like a 'smash hit'

It's 67* and sunny right now - I'm going to pick up a whole chicken and an aluminum roasting pan and do a wine-butt chicken on the grill, along with tossed salad and bruschetta with no-knead bread, goat cheese and roasted red peppers.

Homemade vegetable soup - the last of the leftovers
Grilled cheese on Boule ( Country French Bread)

For Dessert - Fresh strawberries

hot wings and pepper jack cheese sticks ..
at least that is the plan right now ..

chicken and mushroom pie each.

it`s been the week from H3ll but I`m Finally re-connected back on the net again with a Hopefully stable 8meg line, the place has been like Grand Central station here with engineers and friends popping in/out, but all should be working even Better now.

I`M BACK! :w00t2::cool:

Welcome back YT2095, we missed you.

Tonight it's pork chops in the oven with mashed potatoes and gravy. A lettuce salad and for dessert some home made cookies.

Grilled pork chops, mashed potatoes with sour cream and chives, peas and tomato soup cake for dessert. Actually everything is ready just waiting for dh to get off the PHONE!

don't ya just hate it when they won't get off the phone and come get dinner while it's still HOT??

DH had Orange chicken over rice, we each had a pineapple cottage cheese salad,Naan slathered with butter,garlic and parsley, I had a cup of creamy tomato soup..Can ya tell it was get rid of stuff night?:LOL: DH had 2 apples baked in pastry with some vanilla ice cream..Ahh a nice clean refrigerator
Gotta go, the strawberry jello is calling me...
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom