Dinner for Tuesday, May 27th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Boy it's early for this!
But I think I'm making soup, either corn chowder or chili. It's only supposed to be in the low to mid 60's today. I can't believe I'm making soup in May!

Probably Spaghetti and meatballs.

I changed my mind about the pasta and meatballs, too hot out and I'm tired.
I may get takeout of some sort.

Last edited:
Boy it's early for this!
I can't believe I'm making soup in May!

crazy eh? we're having beef stew! For the first time ever, I made a beef stew in a crock pot and we will be finishing it off tonight. I usually make beef stew in a cast iron dutch oven, or in the pressure cooker.

Depneds on whether or not we go out for lunch on the way to the airport: if yes then probably a light dinner of salad and sandwiches, if no then I'll stop at this small market on the way back home and pick up something to grill, maybe chicken.

Well, we just had our last pub lunch with our wonderful neighbors before I leave. I had roasted veggies with goat cheese, rocket and tomatoes. Oh and 3/4 bottle of Rioja! Then I had some sort of chocolate dessert cakey thing that was really yummy. Not sure I will have any room for dinner tonight!

i'm not sure what we're cooking for dinner, but i'm going to prepare some ribs to be made tomorrow.

i'm not sure if i'll pack the ribs in a rub tonight, or marinate in one of the new bbq sauces i bought, then either grill or pan sear tomorrow.

either way, since i don't have time to watch them cook low and slow, they'll be finished in the crock pot over sliced red onions.

i have to decide the agonizing question of "do i want dry or wet ribs".

either chili or spaghetti. we have plenty of ingredients fer both. i'll let jake decide.

I have chicken marinating at home in some olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic and oregano. I'll bake it tonight and add some butter to the sauce that it makes.

Steamed veggies to go with and maybe some sliced tomatoes!

Okay redkitty, you knew someone would ask. What is "rocket"?

Don't tell me things haven't worn off on you. You may not want to admit it now, or for a long time, but it's made you more of an interesting person.

You're gonna be like SNOOPY, dancing around your turf, howling at the sky, when you get home, but things did rub off. And that's a GOOD THING!

Happy for you, 'cause life's the journey................

The rest is still up in the air.... it's only the first flip :)

Attachments

• johnsonville.jpg
    johnsonville.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 168
Mister mister having pulled pork sammie with bbq sauce,a big green salad with avocado dressing and a bowl of french onion soup..Me. nada zip today don't feel like eating..Made some boxed cake cookies, chocolate with white chocolate chips, walnuts and shopped maraschino cherries..They turned out great...That is it for today..
kadesma

I made a macaroni and ham salad earlier today, so it's all ready to eat. Some fruit and some rolls will round it out.I thought some of you might enjoy the recipe, so I posted it under "Salads". It is one of our summer staples. You could add other ingredients, maybe olives, maybe diced cheese, hard cooked eggs, use your imagination.
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f11/macaroni-ham-salad-46536.html

i am so sick, i don't feel like cooking or eating. some kind of a flu bug i think. mostly have had 7up today.

i did make a breakfast shake with coconut milk, chunk pineapple and frozen banana.

maybe won ton soup.

babe:(:(

i am so sick, i don't feel like cooking or eating. some kind of a flu bug i think. mostly have had 7up today.

i did make a breakfast shake with coconut milk, chunk pineapple and frozen banana.

maybe won ton soup.

babe:(:(
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well..Try to rest, have plenty of liquids and try some 7-up or soda not diet mind you, the real thing... Hope you're feeling better soon.
kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom