Dinner Friday, 1-31-14 ~ Happy Chinese New Year!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
It's the Year of the Horse. So much for the leftover ham and bean soup I was planning for supper...

Now I'm thinking we might do spring rolls, and stir-fry shrimp and broccoli. Probably a bit of Asian soup also, to use up the last of the snow peas and chicken broth.

What are you making/taking for tonight? Or are you still planning?

I might make Fi's wings. I picked up some "Creole Lady Orange Marmalaaaaade...." when I was out earlier.

It's the Year of the Horse. So much for the leftover ham and bean soup I was planning for supper...

Now I'm thinking we might do spring rolls, and stir-fry shrimp and broccoli. Probably a bit of Asian soup also, to use up the last of the snow peas and chicken broth.

Pace yourself. The lunar new year is 15 days long.

img_1340903_0_3f986f6aaa38b6f5d578925002d42217.gif

I am making wonton soup with my best friend's wontons, some BBQ pork TB will pick up at the Asian market and broccoli. It's a meal in itself but I think I will also do some chicken & mushroom chow mien as well.

Not Chinese at all. I have limited tolerance for all that slicing and chopping. Makes me laugh when magazine cookery writers enthuse about stir fries for a quick meal. The frying might be quick but they don't tell you about the half hour of all the precision cutting if veg and meat.

Remains of the pea and ham soup followed by a red bell pepper stuffed with a mixture of cooked rice and some left over ragu and "baked" in the microwave. I don't do a lot of "from scratch" cooking in the m/wave but I think it does bell peppers really well. Seems to bring out the sweetness.

Not christened the pudding yet but probably an orange.

Bought some turbot fillets, which I'll either grill or bake very simply with a splash of lemon and oil. Probably spinach and dandelion greens to accompany, with buttered baby new potatoes.

Meatloaf, horsey potatoes, steamed broccoli and carrots in a butter sauce.

Pac, you are notorious for saying you will do something and then not quite getting around to it. What did you actually make today!! :rolleyes:

Tacos and wings.
And it was glorious... beautiful caramelization on the grilled wings... the tacos were a perfect accompaniment... yummo! :LOL:

Glad the wings turned out!!!

Turkey Udon Noodle soup with broccoletta, red peppers, shredded napa cabbage and green onions. Tamari, ginger, garlic, red chili and sesame seasonings.

Our traditional Chinese New Years dinner: Enchiladas Indigineous al Pastor, y Pollo Ajillo, at our fave little Mexican place.

We ended up having rotisserie chicken (my dietary staple these days) with rice. I had steamed asparagus and zucchini while TB had Greek salad.

The wonton soup will have to wait for another day - I needed to go totally fat free today after having a painful night. I am learning what my gallbladder can and can't take!

Back
Top Bottom