Dinner Friday, 1-6-2017, Buon appetito!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sushi/sashimi/Korean bowl.

I stopped at my Korean market for eel sushi and an eel maki, a chunk of bluefin tuna for sashimi, a rice bowl topped with amaebi, furikake, and some fresh and pickled veggies.
Also, I got some kind of battered and deep fried things that look like poppers (the package says "fried seaweed noodles" - some red stuff wrapped in nori, then battered and fried).

Canned corned beef hash. I had all sorts of other options but I wanted corned beef hash. I may steam some broccoli later if I get the hankering for something green.

Planning Hot dogs with tomato & onions and either steamed baby spinach or salad.

Delicious, flavorful, rich hand made lasagna for me. So silly ass Atkins frozen meal for SO.

I picked up a rotisserie chicken from Albertsons today, so will have some of that. Fresh sautéed string beans and mushrooms for a side.

Our osso buco over parm polento, with gremolata and more parm on top. The marrow out of the shank bone was really good.

37240-albums1041-picture6821.jpg

I started to cook some tomato sauce with some frozen tomatoes from this summer....I saw the leftover smoked salmon cheese ball I made a few days ago so I threw it in with the macaroni .....on top is some shrimp with garlic, pancetta, and zucchini...
nGgeNJy.jpg

Broiled lamb burgers (ground lamb, feta, onion, garlic, mint, greek oregano, dill, lemon zest) topped with tatziki and lettuce served on homemade buns, side Greek salad and steamed broccoli and carrots. Cranberry-lime sorbet for dessert.

D...silly ass Atkins frozen meal for SO.
Her loss, Andy. And I don't mean in the "weigh herself" kind of loss. ;)

Another "Mom's Best" dinner by request: Chicken Marsala. Or as Goober would say when he was younger "Chicken Marscala". :LOL: Served over noodles with sides of steamed broccoli, shredded Brussels sprouts sauteed in butter and splashed with fresh lemon juice, and the leftover butternut squash and roasted beets. Veggies all gone, enough chicken left for Loverly's lunch and one more serving. I'd forgotten how much food these kids can pack away! :ohmy:

Attachments

• 2017-01-06 20.22.48.jpg
    2017-01-06 20.22.48.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 110
I finally got around to cooking the pheasant I had bought for New Year's Day. I was looking at recipes online and found one using Greek flavors, for which I had all the ingredients ;)

DH butchered it, then I browned the pieces, removed them, and made a sauce. Simmered the pheasant in the sauce, removed it to shred, added a few more ingredients, and reduced a bit. Then I cooked gemelli pasta in the sauce and added back the shredded pheasant to finish. Wow, that was good!

I also made salads and garlic bread to go alongside. Mmm.

Attachments

• 1483764698607.jpg
    1483764698607.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 116
Back
Top Bottom