Dinner Friday, 12-7-2018 ~ Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I bought some Dover sole fillets when I shopped yesterday. Haven't decided if I want to toss them into a casserole and bake, or flour and pan-fry. I suppose it depends on how ambitious I feel when I finally get to cooking. Sides will be several veggies that have been cluttering the fridge: asparagus (for me), Brussels sprouts (for Himself), broccoli to share. If I feel like having rice, I'll make a package of Carolina long grain and wild rice; otherwise, we'll just have squares of cornbread. Somehow, a pan of it fell into my grocery cart yesterday...

What's your plan?

Pearl harbour huh? I've been there, such tragedy in a beautiful part of the world.
My grandsons 6th birthday today, so I will remember this day from now on. Chicken I think tonight with veges from the garden. New potatoes silver beet peas asparagus. Maybe hollandaise sauce.

Russ

Swordfish steaks on the griddler, baked potatoes, nuked broc. I'm going to try it with the top down this time, so I'll have to check the temperature often. The steak wasn't cut to a uniform thickness, so I cut it to approximate even thickness (sort of) on each of the two pieces. The top can float a bit front to back, so I'll position the different thickness pieces appropriately.

I made a cheese free pesto with walnuts on whole grained toast. Then for dinner, a meat free meatball of chickpeas with mushroom, onion, and tomato gravy, and mashed potatoes.

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and corn, for the meatatarians.

Shrimp and roasted asparagus here.

Kay...glad you reminded me of your Greek Chicken Thighs with Orzo dish. That is SO good and will be on the menu again soon. :yum:

Last edited:
We had a small gathering with neighbors this evening so dinner was a host of appetizers and beverages.

In addition to the entree, I made salads with spinach and iceberg, chopped pistachios, frizzled prosciutto, Grana Padano, and roasted pears. I also made a lemon caper sauce for the fish.
IMG_20181207_221805728.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom