Dinner Friday 15th March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are making Jimmy's Butter Chicken again, with basmati rice and naan breads

Tonight we are having watercress soup. These days I crave watercress soup often, but it's perfect for a night when people want to eat at different times.

I'm hoping to get to those tacos I've been putting off for two nights.

Tonight we are having watercress soup. These days I crave watercress soup often, but it's perfect for a night when people want to eat at different times.
I love watercress! I am hoping there is still some in the stream when I get to MN at the end of April. It is my uncle's birthday and the last time I was there for that, we went for a walk an harvested a bunch of watercress....do you harvest your own? I used some of that watercress (it is a bitch to clean, not as easy as that from the store) to make pesto. This spring I'm staying in MN long enough to be there for the start of asparagus season...and the opening of walleye fishing. I have a fishing date with my cousins at the cabin on Lake of the Woods...I just have to get to STL and then MN. I don't think I can stay long enough for morels...early-mid June. Sigh.

Last edited:
If TB's brother is able to come over for his birthday (yesterday) dinner, then we will be having beef dips with a roast I have ready to go. If not, the roast will wait until tomorrow and we will grab something before going to see the new OZ movie.

I am hoping for the birthday dinner as I love when my BIL comes over....he loves food!

I am making a Minecraft cake for him and his son (birthday today) which we will take over tomorrow when the boys are at their Dad's.

Went shopping at Costco, so I knew I would be too pooped to cook. I picked up a rotisserie chicken and served that with a green salad (red, curly lettuce, red cabbage, red onions, and snow peas) with a vinaigrette made of EVOO, cider vinegar, Dijon mustar, garlic, and anchovies. The chicken was good (of course) and the salad was really good. Had it with Caballero de Chile. That's a red wine, but we are out of white.

Falafels from the middle-east take out place. Hummus and pita. I made homemade tzatziki sauce and opened a jar of greek olives. It was spiffy. And easy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom