Dinner Friday 19th April 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PIZZA! I'm defrosting some dough I made a couple of weeks ago. I'll be making a pepperoni pizza with mozzarella and a little parm and tomato sauce.

Marinating a London Broil/beef top round in red wine, garlic & Worcestershire to go on the grill. Grilled asparagus & angel hair with lemon/oil/garlic to go with. Fresh fruit salad for dessert.

I'm going to bake up some potatoes and sweet potatoes. Will make some twice baked with the white ones, and drown the sweet ones with maple syrup and butter...will be eating on these for a few days..

I have half a pound of bacon to finish up, so tonight we're having bacon and cheddar quiche. There's also a tiny smidge of blue cheese in the fridge, which I'm thinking might end up in there, too.

Last edited:
Rrruffles have rrridges wavy potato chips. sloppy joes, coleslaw and I made a pan of lemon bars today. I'm settling in for the night.

Take out Cuban.:yum: I had to mentally force myself not to eat the whole portion!:ohmy:

When we were out Thursday we went to a pasta shop Himself had learned about from a local TV show (Chronicle). Among a number of items that followed us home was a bag of chicken Parmesan ravioli. Sounded intriguing, and boy was it good! I doctored up a jar sauce with a tweaked mirepoix of onion/celery/mushrooms. NomNon! Could have eaten more...nah, would have exploded! Also a 4-greens salad with a little celery, tomatoes and sliced black and stuffed green olives. No room for the pizzelles that insisted on coming home too.

Ooh! Love it, PPO! Nice stuff, all!

We had 2 salad bars, 2 cups of soup, and split an order of gyros at our new fave Greek-American place. Total bill was $9. Huh?

Looked the bill over, we got the senior discount. And we didn't even ask for it.... I don't know if I should be pleased or insulted.
Take advantage of it! :)

When I go out to dinner, I find it helps if you hunch over a little and occasionally ask the waitress to speak up.

Back
Top Bottom