Dinner Friday, 2-5-2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
We went from no snow to nearly a foot in about eight hours. We need some serious comfort food tonight! Good thing a beef roast was calling to me when I shopped yesterday. We'll have that, along with some roasted cauliflower, mashed potatoes, and green beans. Maybe a salad, because I need to make breathing room in the fridge.

Wonder if tenspeed will be grilling outdoors tonight. ;) And how about the rest of you - what are your plans?

All the Super Bowl wing promos got me thinking. I've got some chicken breast strips soaking in homegrown yogurt in the fridge. The plan is to panko them, bake or fry, and smother in Frank's Redhot and butter sauce. Celery and ranch, though I may be able to find some bleu cheese in the freezer.

Just kind of making it up as I go.

Wonder if tenspeed will be grilling outdoors tonight.
No, but as soon as the snow stops I'll be shoveling off the patio so I can grill this weekend. We have about 6 inches, and it's predicted to be ending in another hour or so. They weren't forecasting this yesterday. I was out on the bike in a long sleeve jersey and a wind vest. What a change!

Supposed to be sunny and in the low 40s on Sunday. Nothing like grilling cheeseburgers on a sunny afternoon in the winter.

Tonight it will be cajun shrimp and linguine, along with a green salad.

Last edited:
I have some hamburger in the fridge that needs to be cooked so I think I'll do up a casserole take-off on cottage pie replacing the mashed taters with tater tots since I have a partial bag of them in the fridge from another meal. Salads too.

Wanted to be certain we'd have leftovers tomorrow, so I have a mess of Swiss steak cooking in our large electric skillet. We'll have mashed taters along with. Sunny but chilly today and this qualifies as comfort food in our house. Should fit the bill.

Today was cold and rainy day, so to warm us up, I made pork chile verde and served it over rice made with my chicken stock. Sour cream with lime juice and zest and fresh lime juice livened it up.

Attachments

• 1454731803069.jpg
    1454731803069.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Some of the big batch of ribs Craig did a while back in the smoker that were vacu-packed and frozen, plus pasta salad.

I'm drooling here Steve. I've never imagined such a restaurant offering.
Was that actually on the menu? What's the green on the eggs?
Hi K - yeah, believe it or not, that was on the menu. Normally it comes with a side of potatoes, but I had them swap out the potatoes for a salad.

The green on the eggs is a simple pesto made of basil, EVOO, and a little garlic. You wouldn't think it would go very well with eggs, but it really did.

The best thing is that the whole meal came to $17, which is a fantastic price for any dinner that includes lamb chops.

Well I just had to google it before Steve answered. There's also another place that apparently serves it, except they use a cilantro/jalapeno glaze, and there price is $19. Still not a bad deal for lamb.

Not tzatziki. It was an aioli with more garlic than I've ever tasted in my life. I thought I was going to have to sit in the backseat on the way home, so as not to offend. :blush:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom