Dinner Friday, 24th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's early here but I thought I would look for ideas. I like the cheese panini with bacon idea. Maybe pick up some corn on the cob and fresh tomatoes.

I'll be making an odd assortment of foods today. I thought I would be canning tomatoes, but if I wait one more day, I will finally have some San Marzanos to add to the pizza sauce I will be canning. I already have canned two batches of sauce and have 2 partially filled pint jars of it in the frig, so one item for dinner tonight will be pizza. Will put together a potato salad with smoked bacon, so for lunch I will have a sandwich of bacon, tomatoes and mayo;). Will also be baking a loaf of whole wheat bread, and making a quart of pesto. Seems like there is something else on the list..........

probably will also have corn on the cob for dinner. Last nights corn looked gummy, but it was not. So me thinks the corn season is drawing to a close:(

Tonight will be a chicken stir fry with brown rice. Since it is so stormy here and we can't go out - maybe the kids and I will make a special dessert too!

My basil is taking over the herb garden, so I'll make pesto also. A salad of mixed greens and grape tomatoes from the garden, with a loaf of really good Italian bread.

being sick and not being able to taste really, I'm not much in the mood for cooking and spending all day in the kitchen, much as I usually adore that the most.​

I think it'll have to be grilled zukes/onions/carrots/shrooms on the GF with lots of olive oil and herbs from the yard. the tomatoes are a-plenty too, so salad with mozzarella slices and fresh basil and I'll GF a chix breast for dh. he's not into the meatless meals like I am.​

I feel like butter and huckleberry jam bread pudding because it sounds comforting and it's a dessert that the man loves too. so thankful for friends that send me their huckleberry jam, gad that stuff's good:)

Breakfast was forgotten this morning. Too many kittens to take care of. Lunch will be jambalaya with Andoullie sausage and shrimps, and corn bread, washed down with either San Pellegrino or Coca Cola Zero. The last chocolate lava cake will be dessert. Next week I start on the espresso lava cakes!

Supper will most likely be a salad. Smart & Final had the Ready-Pac iceberg lettuce/carrots/purple cabbage mix on sale; 2 pound bag for $1.99! Need to finish it up quickly, though.

Stir fry sounds good to me. Think I might follow Michelemarie's lead on that one. I have to bake today too and do back to school shopping so something quick like stir fry sounds like JUST the thing.

Y'know, if it were just me for dinner I suspect I'd be having a bowl of soup. Funny how if you have to cook for a family you hardly ever cater to your own whims.

I got a pot roast siting in beer and mustard and onion +garlic and bay leaves with black pepper at the moment, it`s been there since 9am this morning.
it`s actually Thawing out in this and won`t get any fire until about the same time 2moro morning.

and it`s not even for 2moros dinner :)

stay tuned, I`ll let you know what happens to it in Episode 2....

Have a pot roast and veggies in the crock-pot. Still too hot to heat the kitchen up. 102 here today. I've even moved the crock-pot into the living room to keep from adding any heat to the kitchen. As a result the entry and main first floor hallway smells divine.

Back
Top Bottom