Dinner Friday 2nd of November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Schinken Noodle (Ham & Noodles) and a big salad. And a LARGE gin and tonic. Maybe more then one. Long day.

I got caught up in things this afternoon and never made it to the grocery store, so I'm thawing some goulash for dinner. At least I have the fixings for a salad to go along.

We had veal stew with peas,mushrooms, potatoes,chive biscuits,green salad with anchovy,avocado,sweet onion. Cherry jello, Ice cream.
kades

Leftover Halloween candy. We planned to go out, but DH is in a mood.....

Tonight it's pork Cutlets Holstein, potato pancakes w/ apple sauce. So looking forward to this, but waiting for my girl to get home soon! Just might start without her! No better not. The smell is killing me. Hurry home!

My 2 1/2 - 3 lb tri-tip is almost thawed. If it defrosts in time, the plan is, to brown it on the stovetop, add it to the slow cooker w Pinot Noir, Italian seasoning, sliced onions & garlic. Fingerling potatoes au gratin & steamed brussels sprouts on the side, & cream-filled horns from the bakery.

It came out okay. About halfway through cooking the meat looked a little rubbery, so I added more wine, carrots, onions & potatoes (skipped the potato gratin & sprouts). The tri-tip was $25 marked down to about $13 - Manager's Special. Maybe it was the meat, or it's just not made for the slow cooker.

Beth and Pac, I like getting one of those pre cooked pot roasts once in a while for making great pot pies for us. Tyson is the brand around here and they're often on sale.

Tonight we're having boxed mac n cheese dressed up some with a can of tomatoes and cut up smoked sausage. The kids used to love it, and it just sounded good and easy tonight. Spinach and mushroom salad on the side.

It came out okay. About halfway through cooking the meat looked a little rubbery, so I added more wine, carrots, onions & potatoes (skipped the potato gratin & sprouts). The tri-tip was $25 marked down to about $13 - Manager's Special. Maybe it was the meat, or it's just not made for the slow cooker.

I cooked tri-tip last night. I sliced them in steak sizes, seasoned them with S&P, and grilled them on cast iron on the stovetop.
Normally I'll take them and grill them whole over a BBQ grill, turning frequently, hot and fast, which is my preferred method.

That's on my menu too. Right now its hummus and chips and later, gin and tonic!

Good choice! I am rocking the tatziki and carrot and celery sticks. I've got pita chips but I'm trying to stick to the veggies. Of course, the gin and tonic may cancel any efforts to healthy living. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom