Dinner Friday 3rd May 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks like Craig's ship came in , erhm, Plane landed per schedule. :yum: What do you boil those babies in, if I may ask, and what is considered an avg adult serving? And for us gringos, do we need to suck the heads off?

They get boiled in highly seasoned water after they have been thoroughly rinsed and purged. I just buy the spice mix from Sal's Riverside Seafood in Harvey, LA, which is where I get the crawfish. To that I add a couple of Zatarans spice bags, some Zatarans liquid boil concentrate, salt and four lemons that are halved and squeezed into the pot before going in themselves. Some folks will sprinkle Tony Chachere's creole seasoning over the crawfish after they have been spread out on the table (which is covered in news paper).

As they say, a 40# sack will feed 10 to 12 hungry adults or 3 cajuns.:D Last time I checked, Louisiana was part of the US and the natives don't call us gringos. You can try sucking the heads off, but I prefer a twist and pull method.;) As to whether you suck the juices out of the head, its entirely up to you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom