Dinner, Friday April 13?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
Happy Friday the 13th! I'm making grilled chicken satay over brown rice and sauteed veggies (probably the usual suspects--broccoli, peppers, mushrooms, onions, squash and carrots)

In Italy its Friday the 17th that's bad luck....phew!

I roasted some chicken legs seasoned and with lots of rosemary in the pan (they have just come out of the oven). So, after we have packed for our weekend trip and given the cat sitter the keys to let herself in the morning after we leave, I'll cobble together a roast chicken salad and we'll sit on the floor on the balcony and people watch with that and a glass of wine.

ETA: did something with the salad chicken I haven't done for a while but is great: shredded it, mixed with spring onion, mayo and worcester sauce. I usually do it with tuna for sandwiches, but this is great as a salad topper. :)

Last edited:
Got a pot of chicken soup on for my ailing kiddo, and will be doing chicken cacciatore at Ken's request for our supper.

Happy Friday the 13th to all of you too.
It's our Wedding Anniversary today.
Getting ready to make an awesome drive to Cambria and stay at a Bed and Breakfast there for the weekend. 33 years of wedded bliss, well, 33 years of marriage anyway. Bliss, not always, love and adoration, completely. Thank God he's the most incredible person and I actually got him, way back when, in 9th grade. hahah:LOL:

Dinner tonight will be somewhere very nice up there somewhere. Don't know where yet as that's not in stone but the fancy clothes are packed so it's sure to be wonderful.

Now all you you remember, no walking under ladders, no black cats, no chicken toes or roosters combs and have the best Friday ever.:ROFLMAO: :wacko:

Friday the 13th has always been a lucky day for me and mine!! I think it is the attitude and belief that most of us make our own luck at times. If you expect bad things...then that is what you shall get. For supper it is going to be broiled pork steaks, fried grit cakes, over-easy eggs, sliced tomatoes and toast.

I brought some cheese, crackers, and grapes for lunch because Friday is normally take-away supper day. No idea exactly what the take-away will be, but I think it's the mushroom cheesesteak hoagie place's turn!

I changed my mind. After rereading the deep fryer thread, I think I'll drag mine out and make fish & chips tonight. Or better yet, I'll walk across the street to the seafood place that used to be the beach snack bar and buy THEIR fish & chips. I may cost me around 8 bucks, but it's much less labor intensive!

I just made roasted red pepper hummus, baba ganoush to serve with falafels in whole wheat pita and salad! Oh and we are enjoying some yummy Italian wine.

I'm making Chicken and Dumplings from the Better Homes and Garden cookbook.

I'm making buritos stuffed with chicken, rice, refried beans, red pepper flakes, sauteed onions, and topped with salsa and cheese.

We are having stone crab claws, salad of mixed greens & grilled veggies (carrots, asparagus, portobellos, baby sweet peppers & onions) with a balsamic vinaigrette & a berry salad (strawberries, black berries & raspberries). After baking cookies all day for a friend's son's birthday party & it being 90 degrees outside (thank goodness we have air conditioning) I am in the mood for a cold dinner. Happy Friday the 13th!!

Not really in the mood to cook tonight, (forgot to take something out of the freezer this morning). Probably will end up with pub food or carryout.
Of course there always containers of chile and soup in the freezer:)

We're having re-runs of the ravioli and meat sauce that Kim fixed last night. It really tasted good to us.
The frozen beef raviolis were a generic brand (Best Choice) and were darned good! Maybe not your little Italian grandma's, you understand, but darned good.

Alone too, DH went to our 5th wheel parked yearly that opened up today(for the weekend) for the season, 90 miles away, son is working. Iam having some chicken wings, fries and beer ! Too chilly for me to go!

Don't want to be a party-pooper, but.....teehee.....as I'm taking radiation treattments daily, 5 days weekly for 3 weeks, I get more tired from the travelling back and forth to/from the hospital, than from the treatments....so, being lucky to live in a condo that has it's own restaurant, we shall give them our business tonite.....thank goodness for the restaurant!!!!!

I made enough potato salad to feed an army a couple nights ago (to go with leftover ham) and we still have plenty, so tonight we are going simple. Hotdogs on buns, potato salad, and baked beans.

:) Barbara

On Friday night, I went over to my parents and my mom fixed: ribbon meatloaf (it has a layer of bread and cheese in the middle of two layers of meat), scalloped potatoes, cauliflower, and tossed green salad. It was the ultimate comfort food meal and the best thing is I did not have to cook.:)

Back
Top Bottom