Dinner? Friday April 15, 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I had a slice of ham from the freezer, fresh green beans sautéed and sprinkled with Penzey's dried shallots (those are good!), and two deviled egg halves.

Whatcha eating this evening? :chef:

We'll use up the last of the meat from our diner stop on Wednesday. There's a small piece of pork roast and two small end pieces from the meatloaf. I'm making Brussels sprouts with bacon and steamed cauliflower with cheese sauce to go along. Also pulled the small container of gumbo from the freezer in my attempt to clean it out and start over - less than a cup for each of us. If I get going, we'll also have a fruit salad for a snack tonight. Guess I'd better stop playing online...

DH is out playing golf with friends; he had some pork chile verde over rice before he left. I'm trying to decide what to eat. I have leftover taco fixings. Should I have tacos, a taco salad, or nachos? Decisions, decisions.

My favorite French way to fix a pork tenderloin tonight, green beans with bacon and onions, and Tater Tots for him. It's Fri so that calls for a good bottle of wine with dinner too.

I picked up a package of country-style pork ribs while grocery shopping today. Rubbed them ahead of time with Weber BBQ rub and grilled them on my new grill. Sesame noodles and steamed broccoli all washed down with a cold beer. Darn good.

Roman cauliflower, which is listed under appys and/or side dishes in the cookbook recipe we used. It's italian sausage, diced carrots, celery, onion, garlic w/ tomato paste, with obviously cauliflower. We added 2 extra sausage links to the small cauliflower head plus a can of tomatoes to make a whole meal. The cauliflower basically takes the place of pasta.

WOW!
Everyone's dinner sounds delish!
All the major food groups represented, cheese, bacon, noodles, pork (hmm, more that two or three porks out there), beer, um.. oh yeah .. leftovers!

003.jpg

... this with some b/s diced chicken thighs and sweet onions...

but HEH!

The sauce is really thin, is this OKAY?

HELP!

But the house smells, AMAZING!
I tasted the sauce and it's wonderful, a little spicy bite to it, but not too much.
I'm thinking that this would be nice with some cooked lentils and some veg over rice...

WOW!
Everyone's dinner sounds delish!
All the major food groups represented, cheese, bacon, noodles, pork (hmm, more that two or three porks out there), beer, um.. oh yeah .. leftovers!

View attachment 24609

... this with some b/s diced chicken thighs and sweet onions...

but HEH!

The sauce is really thin, is this OKAY?

HELP!

But the house smells, AMAZING!
I tasted the sauce and it's wonderful, a little spicy bite to it, but not too much.
I'm thinking that this would be nice with some cooked lentils and some veg over rice...

004.JPG

update:
DELICIOUS!
Sauce is thin, but I am assuming it's just like that?
I was SHOCKED! DH said, "MMM, that's pretty good. Yeah, I think this sauce would be great with some lentils and veggies."
WHAT?!
I was so worried that he wouldn't like this, he's not very adventurous when it comes to food. I have NEVER made any kind of Indian Food for us. I've gone with my Mom to eat Indian, but... I MUST have caught him on an good night.
We'll be making this again!

Grilled asparagus and NY strip steak with lettuce sliced veggies salad and blue cheese. Sliced steak salad with mo' blue cheese and asparagus for lunch tomorrow.

I picked up a package of country-style pork ribs while grocery shopping today. Rubbed them ahead of time with Weber BBQ rub and grilled them on my new grill. Sesame noodles and steamed broccoli all washed down with a cold beer. Darn good.

Andy would that be the Sesame Noodles we had a 12 step program for?
I may fall off the wagon for that...sigh. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom