Dinner, Friday August 1st

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey babe, I've got a cold too--kissing the grandson when he is sick is sooooo not a good idea! I hope you feel better soon.

I made corn fritters made with fresh corn cut off the cob with buttermilk and corn meal, fried 'em up nice and brown and crispy, then topped each fritter with a drizzle of good olive oil, fresh dill, sour cream and smoked salmon. Sides were roasted chioga beets, and a butter leaf salad with toasted almond slivers, toasted sesame seeds, sliced mushroom, scallions, mandarin oranges with are rasberry/walnut oil vinaigrette dressing. The family ate a ridiculous amount, and I did, too. Blueberry crumble for dessert. I used recipe I got from Martha Stewart's book, Great Food Fast, is really outstanding. Hey, gotta give an ex-con a leg up, eh? Seriously, it is a really good cook book. I usually buy a book and use just a few recipes (the exception to that being America's Test Kitchen Book--love that one), but I've used so many from this book and they've all been really good.

we made a surf and 2 turfs tonight: i grilled an angus top round london broil and sweet and sour chicken thighs. dw made shrimp in evoo and lemon on a grill pan. on the side was fusili marinara.

Back
Top Bottom