Dinner, Friday Feb. 15 - Whatcha cookin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Tonight thinking about chicken cutlets, roasted garlic broccoli,and cheese noodles. Maybe- still thinkin'....

Last edited:
It's perogie night. I made enough last week for two meals so I just have to take them out of the freezer and do all the fixings.

Last night, DH decided he wanted to take me out to dinner - said I shouldn't cook on Valentine's Day :wub: So we went to a nice Italian place. So tonight I'm making the risotto with seared scallops and asparagus that I was planning to make last night.

Hubby's Bday today, he wants a ribeye or strip, baked potato, and I'm still thinkink about the second side.... he almost makes it too easy!!

I think I'm going to put a steak on the grill along with a couple potatoes. I bought some mushrooms today, so will cook them, too. Along with asparagus and garlic bread. Maybe some frozen raviolis and red gravy thrown in for good measure.
I may have to break out the big plate....

Tonight, Split Chicken breast on the grill, steamed Brussel sprouts, apple and orange slices for dessert.. (ok, might stop and get some ice cream..)

I have a nice cabernet in the wine rack I have been dying to try. A nicely grilled chicken should stand up to it nicely.. or I have some Riesling in the fridge... hhmmmm... so many decisions...
might have to break down and have some cake with that ice cream...

Man I am HUNGRY!!

Tonight thinking about chicken cutlets, roasted garlic broccoli,and cheese noodles. Maybe- still thinkin'....
thanks for the invite Barb, I just love how generous my friends are in DC to make my favorites for dinner and then invite me over, isn't that so sweet?:-p
hahhahhahhahahah.....
Okay, for dinneau, I'm making San Francisco Chronicle white chicken chili. It's an all day cookfest, my favorite kind, but makes the nicest dinner. Doing cumin/cheese/cilantro Madelines and oven roasted brussels sprouts in olive oil/salt/pepper/rosemary/garlic, just for me because I am having a craving. Dessert birthday cake flavor ice cream from the Walmarchay with my homemade caramel chocolate sauce spooned over. Dessert for the man of course, not the woman, and the smallest Madeline for me. I'll use the cast iron preseasoned baking madeline thingie that I got at a garage sale. Wish that house would have had a butter dish for me though...:(

thanks for the invite Barb, I just love how generous my friends are in DC to make my favorites for dinner and then invite me over, isn't that so sweet?:-p
hahhahhahhahahah.....
Okay, for dinneau, I'm making San Francisco Chronicle white chicken chili. It's an all day cookfest, my favorite kind, but makes the nicest dinner. Doing cumin/cheese/cilantro Madelines and oven roasted brussels sprouts in olive oil/salt/pepper/rosemary/garlic, just for me because I am having a craving. Dessert birthday cake flavor ice cream from the Walmarchay with my homemade caramel chocolate sauce spooned over. Dessert for the man of course, not the woman, and the smallest Madeline for me. I'll use the cast iron preseasoned baking madeline thingie that I got at a garage sale. Wish that house would have had a butter dish for me though...:(

Okay, I think it is my turn to come to your house to eat. That sounds absolutely nummy. Oh, and I can even bring the butter dish, I have an extra lying around somewhere!

Surf and Turf here...Rib Eye Steak & Shrimp. Sides TBD later.

Gotta luv the Oval for it's diversity. Different foods, different temps, some indirect, some direct and all done at the same time :)

Rib Steak (with JD Steak House Sauce), shrimps with a screw up rub, zukes with evoo and Penzey's Special 4/S seasoning with the turmeric, asparagus marinated in Italian dressing.

img_550637_0_9561a807e2e3a91fdad1fa4b9e4939be.jpg

Was it good? Of course :-p

img_550637_1_e710aa71623b5bdb86e81ec1f441e7e9.jpg

ditto

Grilled cheese and tomato soup.

this is what i will make. have left over stuff for salmon, patties just to much trouble.

having major problems with blood sugar , always in the 300's so every thing feels like a no no. got new med. and upped insulin so all should be well.
looking forward to being better, i have no energy with blood that high.

babe

Last edited:
We had grilled rib eyes, cabernet sauteed mushrooms, roasted beets, grilled rosemary carrots, spinach salad with goat cheese, orange peppers, red onion, toasted almonds, strawberries, raspberries & blackberries with a champagne vinaigrette. No room for dessert. :ohmy:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom