Dinner Friday July 15, 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whiskadoodle

Executive Chef
Ok, 'fess up. Who's having dinner today and what are you sharing.

I made chicken linguine alfredo and guillotine of cabbage and cukes with a vinegary dressing. ( Chicken courtesy of Costco rotisserie)

Grilled chicken in some bottled lemon pepper marinade, leftover penne with sugar snap peas with some marinara, green salad. Dessert (a rarity in this household) was some leftover blueberry pie from last night.

We went to a cookout @ SO's sister's home. Burgers and dogs. We took pasta salad, sangria and watermelon.

DH is out playing golf with friends tonight and they're going out for dinner after. So I put together a bunch of leftovers and made a Korean bun salad with pork.

Attachments

• 1468631651275.jpg
    1468631651275.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 109
Butter chicken with jasmine rice, recipe linked by Kylie from Australia, who used to be a participating member. Really good, lots of ingredients (22) but worth it.
37240-albums1042-picture6584.jpg

Butter chicken with jasmine rice, recipe linked by Kylie from Australia, who used to be a participating member. Really good, lots of ingredients (22) but worth it.
37240-albums1042-picture6584.jpg

This is a favorite! I'll have to put it on the menu soon.

I tossed stuff together and we dubbed it "Mexican chop suey". :LOL: I had a small piece (~1#) of pork loin that I cut up into stir-fry kind of pieces. I "dusted" them (they looked like my furniture...:ermm:) with Arizona Dreaming, ground chipotle, and ground Aleppo peppers, and browned them in a DO with some Vidalia onion. Tossed in frozen corn, a can of black beans, and a can of Ro-Tel tomatoes and let it simmer until the corn was done. Meanwhile, I had a pot of rice going - we used that as a bed under the main event. About an hour of work/wait time, maybe $5 total on food, and we enjoyed this so much Himself said he wants it again. :yum: Sure, but not right away!

Attachments

• 2016-07-15 21.01.02.jpg
    2016-07-15 21.01.02.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 107
It was hot, hot, hot today. Triple digits, with disgusting humidity, so I decided this morning that something cool for supper would be in order.

Rummaged around in the freezer and came up with about a pound of large shrimp. Cooked it up and mixed it with some mayo, lemon juice, chopped onions, celery and a nice dose of Old Bay seasoning, along with some salt and pepper. Chilled it up good and served it on a bed of lettuce and some nice gourmet crackers.

Turned out great and we really enjoyed it. Great for a hot day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom