Dinner Friday March 23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its Friday :clap: :clap: ! My one night a week that I get to be treated out to eat.
Just got off the phone with DH and its going to be Chinese tonight.

Barb L. said:
Iam clueless, and son and grandsons are coming ! :ohmy:

I just read the neatest sounding recipe in a now new weekly magazine of Better Homes and Gardens. It's called simple and easy or something close to that anyway. It's a magazine like Women First I think it's called. Great publication that I'll now be buying every week. Oh gee yeah! Just what my finances needed:wacko:
The recipe is for, hang on, you know what? So as not to get in trouble, I'll PM it to you. And I'll tweek it to do it how I'll be doing it when I return home from work in 8:wacko: days.

PM'ing you Barb for the "son" and "grands". How old are the 'grands'? I have to get it out of my luggage then I'll write to you. Give me a few.

For me, dinner will be at a wonderful Italian upscale restaurant in San Jose California tonight. They have wonderful Caesar Salad that I'll be having, sans any meat. Pizza with a friend and her husband for dinner there tomorrow night and I already know, that's pizza, so not two days in a row.

A light dinner consisting of wild asparagus (picked from our olive groves) omelette, soft low fat myzithra cheese and fresh bread.

Lou is jonesing for grilled cheese. Strange combo when the first course is Rob Roys:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:!

I just want my city pretzel, I have a wedge of lemon scented goat cheese, and I have two golden delicious apples.

I can't decide if I want to cook or not. I was planning on a mushroom cheesesteak hoagie for this friday, but I had to meet someone in the parking lot of the sandwich shop on Tuesday to pick up my new foster kittens, Paris and Nicky, so I figured I might as well get a hoagie while I waited for them to show up.

I do have a bucket of Grandma's sauce in the fridge, some hand made tortellini in the freezer, and half a loaf of Shatz's beer bread in the bread box, or I have a self-rising pizza in the freezer, or Wendy's has a new four alarm chicken sandwich I haven't tried yet. Decisions, decisions.

We had some leftover green chile, dh didn't want to waste it on anything mediocre. That being said, for the second time in a week we had pork chops stuffed with green chile and cheddar, then breaded in panko. I think it was the best I have ever made. We also had mashed potatoes with sour cream and cheese and bacon. It was a decadent meal.

well, whew!
was gonna get chix, potatoes & gravy. then i was like 'LENT!'
so 'twas then gonna be tapas (soup, mussels siam, crab rangoons, & another item, maybe?) 'till my drink arrived at $6.75 (lime gimlet & maybe 1.5 ounces!) my tapas/soup were only like $15! they get you dehydrated via alcohol & then give you salty food to get you thirsty so you order more drinks, so you continue to drink.
i drank my drink, cancelled my food order, & went & got a cut of of pizza with ricotta & olives.
whew!

Ugh - last night's meal was a nightmare.

We had picked up what looked like an interesting item from CostCo - "Aidell's Buffalo Wing Seasoned Turkey Meatballs". Now, I've purchased Aidell's sausages many times before & always enjoyed them. What I had apparently & disastrously forgotten was that when Aidell first came out with their turkey meatball line, I tried a small package of them & was positively blown out of my socks by the SALT. I don't think I've EVER purchased an item that overly salty in my life!!!!

What brought it all back to me was my first bite into the "Buffalo Wing Seasoned Turkey Meatball Sub Sandwiches" I made last night for dinner. I toasted the Italian bread & then spread one side with mayo mixed with spicy wing sauce, & the other side with blue cheese dressing. I then layered the meatballs (preheated) with baby greens. Lord - the salt of those meatballs cut through everything. What is the Aidell company thinking!!??!!! I don't even think diehard salt-lovers would enjoy these.

What's worse is that because it was from CostCo, it was a double package, & so I now have more of these salty devils in my freezer. I'm thinking I might get away with them by heating them in a TOTALLY salt-free sauce & serving them over pasta.

Oh well - live & learn.

BreezyCooking said:
What is the Aidell company thinking!!??!!!

They were thinking "Gee, salt is so much cheaper than ground turkey!"

BreezyCooking said:
What's worse is that because it was from CostCo, it was a double package, & so I now have more of these salty devils in my freezer.

Take them back to Costco, explain the problem to them, and request a refund. If they hesitate, show them your elevated blood pressure readings and your lawyer's business card and DEMAND a refund!

Back
Top Bottom