Dinner Friday March 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
I have no clue what we will have, so I was hoping to be inspired by your menus, though I am in the mood for pizza.

We are having breaded pork sanwiches, fries, and salad. Yellow cake with cream cheese frosting. If son and grandsons come Pizza !!

I'm making Quorn sausages & mash for the boy. I'm having Risotto with Roasted Butternut Squash & Leeks. Get to cook 2 meals tonight! (I dont mind one bit!)

I don't know. Fridge is empty so DH will be picking something up, and I have left it up to him. I have a distinctly impaired appetite, but I guess that's not sucha bad thing :)

I'm not quite sure what we're doing. A very dear friend of ours mother died and we have to go to the funeral at 2pm and afterwards their having a gathering at the church and food will be served. Since it is a bit early for the last meal of the day I might see if DH wants to just have a light dinner out somewhere. I think emotionally I'll be a bit drained and don't think I'll have the desire to do any cooking.

I have been craving some buttery kasha varnishkas, matzo ball soup & a potato knish with mustard or a chopped liver sammich on rye with red onions - pickles & potato salad on the side. I may prepare the varnishkas & soup at home, or go to a fave deli. Still early.

Last edited:
Confit de canard, potatoes roasted in some of the duck fat and green beans sautéed in butter and garlic.

Not sure about pud, depends if I have time.

Snoop Puss said:
Confit de canard, potatoes roasted in some of the duck fat and green beans sautéed in butter and garlic.

Not sure about pud, depends if I have time.

That meal would get my appetite back! :)

I am in a mood for CJ's "tomato and cheese casserole" using some of the smoked scamorza Cris brought back from Campania yesterday. I bought some chicken breast on sale today, too, I might make some cutlet along with it.

Didn't get a chance to make dinner last night 'cause DH brought home Sirloin burgers from Jack in the Box, so will again try to make stir-fry pork and Asian veggies.

redkitty, your risotto sounds wonderful! Pizza sounds great, too, but...:rolleyes: I have a ton of chicken left over from yesterday so I think I'll turn it into a chicken tetrazzini.

Baked a pan of Hortopita for lunch, so will be having it for dinner as well along with dessert given by a relative.

Today so far it's been one of those days where you just wish you had stayed in bed....:( So being we are having fish on fridays during lent, it's out to the Catfish House for us...Just don't have the let's cook feeling today.
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom