Dinner, Friday May 9th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to work overnight...so i'll be sleeping while DH eats leftover bbq from last night...

Love the photo Welise.

We're having French onion soup.
I'm going to add venison stew meat and top with puff pastry instead of French bread.

Salad to go with.

I think I'll make grilled burgers, and some sorta something else to go with it. :)

chicken parm. finally. tonight!!!!!!

something has come up each of the last two nights, preventing me from cooking. so i'll finally get around to making it tonight. the breasts are ready to go, as i trimmed and pounded them last night.

No clue. Nothing thawed. No energy today.
Probably due to the 2 double cheeseburgers off the dollar menu earlier today...... and the chocolate shake.

short ribs braised with aromatic veg, bacon, and red wine over mash of potato and rutabaga, on a bed of turnip greens braised in broth and bacon. Start with cold asparagus salad (fresh picked this morning) with a lemon dijon vinaigrette. Mocha torte (bakery made) for desert.

It's our anniversary...10 years, and we have friends coming over. :chef:

Last edited:

Happy AnniversaryRobo!

Not doing much cooking tonigh.. Leftover pork scallopini from the other night, roasted asparagus, probably baked potato / sour cream.

although it's late already to be posting, for us we're going out, my DS#2 and I, don't know where, don't care, just being with the kid is enough for me, bet they'll have my favo CS......:ROFLMAO:

short ribs braised with aromatic veg, bacon, and red wine over mash of potato and rutabaga, on a bed of turnip greens braised in broth and bacon. Start with cold asparagus salad (fresh picked this morning) with a lemon dijon vinaigrette. Mocha torte (bakery made) for desert.

congrats on the milestone!:)

Had leftovers tonight, dh had his choice of pesta/pasta, carrot soup etal, or potato, lamb and asparagus hash; he went for the hash and I had the soup.:)

I decided I'm going to cook some shells and toss them in the sauce I made the other night. Maybe toss a steak on the grill if I feel like thawing one, but probably not.... but maybe..... it's early.

ended up with BLT's. Thanks Barb!
having brownies w/ vanilla ice cream, choc and carmel sauce. mmmm

had a leftover half of a sub sandwich around four pm. so guess that was dinner. have some chicken wings also left over, guess i will have them later if i get hungry. have left over mexican fruit cake. i made it for the handyman who finally showed up last night. he brought me the sub but had already had dinners so had half for a snack bout eleven last night. babe

We are having penne with a marinara I made and meatballs, garlic bread that I'm going to add some monterey jack,white cheddar and parm to, a big green salad with avocado,pickled beets, artichokes,thin sliced vidalias ,grape tomatoes and some olives. with Neumans sesame ginger dressing...Desserts large white chocolate and macadamia cookies topped with vanilla ice ceam.
kadesma;)

we went to Outback.
I had the sirloin steak, think I'm on a kick for it lately.
It was simply the best salad I may have ever eaten.
Didn't hurt that I was with my baby though and his love.
Ah kids, they're so cute and so in love.

happy anniversary robo!!

well, i ended up making the chicken parm, but not until 11 last night. dw had made a remarkably tasty, remarkably plain roasted chicken. along with oven baked spuds, stringbeans and cranberry sauce.
i thought afterwards that it's funny how often we eat chicken, and how often we do things to flavor it in various ways. but sometimes, all you need is a little s&p, and that's it.

i brought the chicken parm in for lunch today for myself and co-workers.

Back
Top Bottom