Dinner Friday Nov. 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kadesma said:
Most fridays we go out with friends. Tonight we are going to a close to home family run fish place we all love. Last time there I had fried oysters, they were heavenly, so I'm trying to decide on lemon calamari strips or the oysters again..This place is walk in, pick a spot, sit, the minute your bottom hits the chair, the waitress is there with a large tin camping plate of steaming hot french fries and a basket of hush puppies that have cheese and sliced green onions in them, plus their great coleslaw. You order, they continue to bring fries,puppies and slaw as you wish. Your order arrives with a cup of beans, rice, your fish of choice, a slice of home made bread with butter, tartare sauce, lemons, malt vinegar and creole seasonings for you to choose from. You are never rushed, no matter how busy they are, then when you've pushed away your tin plate they arrive for those who come in by 6p.m. a good size bowl with vanilla ice cream and your choice of either blackberry cobbler or peach cobbler and mugs of hot coffe. We always leave to smiling waitresses who treat you like your family..Your happy, so full you'd bounce if you fell and looking forward to next time:)

kadesma

can you tell me where that is? my husband adores fried oysters and fried clams and would die for a real authentic abalone. we live in Cal too, so if it's not terribly far...

LEFSElover said:
can you tell me where that is? my husband adores fried oysters and fried clams and would die for a real authentic abalone. we live in Cal too, so if it's not terribly far...
Lefs,
look for a PM

kadesma:)

bullseye said:
I had tentative plans for something to do with some frozen trout, but I was blind-sided--in a good way. I own my own business(es), and I am not used to getting tips. I can count on one hand the number of tips I've gotten in the last ten years. Anyway, a regular customer came in tonight with a rack of ribs from a new local Portugese bbq place, said "thank you very much for all you've done," and left. He even included some of his own bbq sauce! They were excellent, and complemented well by the leftover rice/onions/peas in the refrigerator. It made my day.

I'll work for you if ribs are thrown in the pot!

dw went to whole foods yesterday, so our dinners were a bunch of little portions of prepared things that she picked up.

we had pork loin with apple stuffing, spicy hungarian goulash, roasted veggie lasagna, sweet squash puree, and a very doughy loaf of french bread.

then at midnight, i had some leftover chicken parm, kimchee, popcorn, cheese nips, and haloween candy.

mmmmmmmmunchies!

Last night poor husband hit terrible traffic & didn't end up walking thru the door until 8:30 p.m.

I had bought a pound of nice large shrimp that I had peeled & ready, & sauteed them in some extra-virgin olive oil with a goodly amount of chopped garlic & chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley. Finished them with half a lemon's worth of juice & a splash of dry white wine. For a change from pasta, I served them on a bed of Zatarain's "French Market Vegetable" rice mix with a side of sauteed (frozen) spinach tossed with butter & finished with a dollop of half-&-half.

Had it all on the table in 20 minutes, which hubby really appreciated.

Friday night I had leftovers with a glass of white wine. The leftovers were a combination of tuna and noodles. I enjoyed it a lot.

VeraBlue said:
I'll work for you if ribs are thrown in the pot!
If once evey ten years on the ribs doesn't dissuade you, come on down and fill out an app.:) (Like I even have an app--it's a pretty small enterprise.)

Went to a freind's pied a terre for drinks, lively conversation (we call ourselves the revived Algonquins), and were fed there. So when we came home, a few of us had crackers, cheese and salami over a bottle of champagne.

Back
Top Bottom