Dinner Friday November 9th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Today is my mum's 71st birthday and we are having her and Don over for dinner :)

We are making homemade butter chicken with basmati rice and pappadoms with hot mango chutney :yum:

I'm making butternut squash stuffed with lasagna style meat sauce, topped with bechamel and mozzarella cheese. I'll serve it with baby spinach salad with pine nuts.

I'm thinking of trying Snip's Tuna Mayo Bake. I have everything but the tomatoes but I have to go out for coffee creamer anyway so can pick up some. Have salad stuff left from dinner last night to go with it.

I'm thinking of trying Snip's Tuna Mayo Bake. I have everything but the tomatoes but I have to go out for coffee creamer anyway so can pick up some. Have salad stuff left from dinner last night to go with it.

Hope you like it :) please let me know what you thought of it if you make it.

I think tonight I'll make a taco salad, but instead of the usual crumbled doritos on top, I'll make some fries and toss those in.

Today is my mum's 71st birthday and we are having her and Don over for dinner :)

We are making homemade butter chicken with basmati rice and pappadoms with hot mango chutney :yum:

That sounds really nice Kylie. "Happy Birthday Mum" :)

Last edited:
I have to ground turkey that needs to be used so it will be Cincinnati Style Turkey Chili and a salad. I hope it turns out, I've never made this recipe before.

Cube steak with gravy,broccoli with butter and grlic, baked yams with butter and brown sugar, green salad with anchovy and avocados,red onions. PB cookies.
Now it's off to bake a cake for tomorrow.
kades

Really want some beef lo mein.. or a big fat sandwich.. like a club.. but .. looks like forraging for left overs...

I have been preoccupied with two hobby businesses today (mostly photo shoots) but I had my gear set up (a borrowed lighting rig from my professional photog couple) and I shot the food before cooking, and hope to shoot an "after" shot.

My dinner tonight is a combination of stuffed pork chops (Courtesy Green Acres Market in Simi Valley, and a twice baked (single at the moment) baked potato*. I have some before shots, and hope the post-dinner shots will be good too.

* Twice baked potato recipes abound on the Internet.

Last edited:
I finally made the pork-pepper-onion-celery-garlic-gInger stir-fry with brown sauce I intended to make earlier this week. Turned out great. Oyster sauce makes all the difference.

That does sound good GG...we have just bought some Oyster sauce...it does add a lovely taste to stir fries :)

Back
Top Bottom