Dinner Friday, October 8, 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
either fruit/cheese that i prepped already, or a slice of deli beef. or both. pop or 4% milk 4 my beverage. i am reluctant 2 ingest excessive food; i've a banquet reception i was anonomously nominated 4; i am figuring there may be snacks & that~ hors d'eourves or cookies & that jive there. whom is 2 say, though.......

Oops looks like someone is too keen for the weekend to start! ;)

For tonight I have some chicken sausages to grill, I have some mushrooms left so will probably stir fry them with some onion, garlic and maybe some broccoi. And probably some mashed potatoes too.

Oh and sometime this weekend I want to try a recipe I saw on food network for spicy baked chickpeas. They did look good.

What's For Dinner, Friday, October 8th?

DH is working and Dad is at a seniors group so it is just me tonight. I can have ANYTHING I want :w00t2:. That being said, I have made a commitment to myself to eat healthy and lose some weight.

So, I am thinking a shrimp salad or a bowl of wonton soup.

What's everyone else having?

I cooked a pork roast yesterday for pulled pork and added some BBQ sauce to it. I had a little last night, and James and I will have that for supper tonight on buns, along with cottage cheese, possibly baked beans, potato chips, and cake for dessert.

:)Barbara

We're having left overs. Have some pork loin roast, chicken and rice casserole and chili in the fridge. We'll make up plates and reheat whatever suits whenever DH gets home.

Lots of running around today. Late lunch at a diner so no clue if or when dinner will be.

(I am going to start a thread about today.)

Side note:

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I just opened my mail addressed to the parents of (always gives me shivers from way back when I was the child LOL).

It was State Assessment of Skills and Knowledge Individual Student Report

My youngest girl scored Advanced Proficient in Language Arts, Math and Science!!

Dinner salad for 2: Mixed baby salad greens, baby spinach & arugula topped with hardboiled egg, sliced mushroom, tomato, broccoli, shredded cheddar, sopressata sticks, black olives, green olives, Almond Accents (Original Oven Roasted Flavored & salted sliced almonds), Bac'N Almond Crunch (Mini Croutons, Almonds, Dried Bell Peppers & Artificially flavored Bacon Bits), sunflower seeds & black sesame seeds dressed with Good Seasons Zesty Italian dressing (made with apple cider vinegar, EVOO & Flaxseed oil). I didn’t make the garlic bread but I did cut a few thin slices of bread, buttered the slices then spread with garlic paste (in the tube) and a light grind of salt. It was fantastic for quick, easy untoasted garlic bread!!

img_925809_0_7fd7b04764ed42dcf7d6a5c52ce030b0.jpg

img_925809_1_656f5285c2bb198c0edde7f4f86fd077.jpg

A version of Emeril's crab cakes that I watched him make the other night on tv. I noticed online later he has many versions out there. This one I thought was pretty good, but I didn't use the best crab meat from real crabs.

I also made some home-made creamy brocolli soup. Dinner was scrumptious.

Attachments

• 65975_1526679320883_1051661731_2728071_1943622_n.jpg
    65975_1526679320883_1051661731_2728071_1943622_n.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 161
Lots of running around today. Late lunch at a diner so no clue if or when dinner will be.

(I am going to start a thread about today.)

Side note:

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I just opened my mail addressed to the parents of (always gives me shivers from way back when I was the child LOL).

It was State Assessment of Skills and Knowledge Individual Student Report

My youngest girl scored Advanced Proficient in Language Arts, Math and Science!!

That is great!! congratulations....

My tastebuds have died and gone to Heaven!

I'm sitting here basking in the glow of a wonderful meal well cooked and very much enjoyed.

We went shopping and I bought some beef strips and a few veggies. We sauteed broccoli, mushrooms, red, green and yellow peppers, onions, garlic, the beef strips and brown rice. We added paprika, powdered ginger and lemon pepper. Add some tomato sauce to the mix and voila! A meal to savour.

Unfortunatly, I was not able to have a good home cooked meal. I had to settle for McDonalds nuggets and salty fries. Not my choice but oh well at least I ate.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom