Dinner Friday Sept. 26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pork sounds like a plan fer me, too.with lotsa garlic. simple, with salt/pepper/sage. with haricots & garlic/cheese smashed reds.
babanapudding fer dessert.

Another leftover night.. I'm having a western egg and SO is having fried ham and scrambled eggs.

I was going to make buns when I get home but I think I'll cheat and stop for some.
hey SQ, have you tried the Moomie buns recipe yet? if not, one rainy day where you're bored senseless, give it a try, yumderful.
Think I'll do a pork tenderloin with a fresh orange and cranberry glaze. Not sure about sides yet.
oh not to worry, I'll bring 'em;)what about honey and Lyle's Golden syrup butter glazed carrots, creamed peas with baby onions with chives on top, andWaldorf salad? sound ok?

Tonight's dinner was rotini pasta with a sauce made from canned, fire-roasted tomatoes and well-aged Manchego.

After Pacanis' odyssey with German potato salad, I developed a hankering for it, so we're having that (recipe from a German cookbook given to us by one of our German exchange students - be glad to share if anyone wants it), along with broiled kielbasa and canned sauerkraut jazzed up with caraway seeds, bay leaf, sugar and pepper.

Our students have told us that most Germans eat canned sauerkraut these days - too much trouble to make it from scratch. :)

I had Wing Stop cajun wings after grocery shopping. Dh is out and ds is working. I'm working on my second batch of spaetzel for chicken paprikash for tomorrow for dd and sil birthdays.

Barb

After Pacanis' odyssey with German potato salad... :)

Homer could not have chronicled it better ;)

Which is why tonight I stuck with something I know how to make, mushrooms accompanied by a ribeye, done TOTG style. Thrown On The Grill! :) And yeah, that's my silverware hanging off the plate :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 9-26-08 steak1.jpg
    9-26-08 steak1.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 163
chicken sandwichs from kfc. love em. maybe some chips:chef:

we went there, too, instead of cooking dinner, cause jake took me to see my kitties near there.
my dinner was coleslaw & taters; his was a mixed bowl with chix/taters/etcetera....

Back
Top Bottom