Dinner Friday Sept. 26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dining out tonight for some Mexican fare. One of my favorite places to eat!!!

DH told me I am not to worry about dinner and that he would take care of it. Don't know if that means he is cooking, we are going out or he is bring in. But, I am not going to argue!!!!!

Beef burrito enchilada style and a plate of refried beans.
Wife is out of town, I get to make my Pedro's dinner!

OINK OINK

DH told me I am not to worry about dinner and that he would take care of it. Don't know if that means he is cooking, we are going out or he is bring in. But, I am not going to argue!!!!!

I love surprises!!! I want details afterwards!

I put a pork shoulder in the crock pot for pulled pork before I left for work...
I was going to make buns when I get home but I think I'll cheat and stop for some.

I wish I could watch :neutral:

I'll walk you through it, I make it in stages

scrub about 4 pounds potatoes

1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 medium onion, chopped

1/3 cup mayo
1/3 cup sour cream
2 t. prepared horseradish
1 T. prepared mustard
1 1 /2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
bacon, 1/4 cup crumbled

2 stalks celery
eggs, hard cooked, and diced

paprika

Boil potatoes until just tender, drain, cool briefly and dice into a large bowl. Mix oil and vinegar and stir in cooled potatoes. Stir in diced onion. Cover and refrigerate a few hours.

Mix mayo, sour cream, (I don't have sour cream today so will use 2/3 cup mayo), horseradish, mustard, bacon, salt and pepper. Stir into potatoes. Add chopped eggs and celery. Stir until blended. Dust with paprika (I will use smoked paprika)

If you do not use bacon, increase the salt added to 2 1/2 t..

Any questions? I cook the potatoes with the skins on and leave them on for the salad. Usually use reds or yukon gold potatoes..

Thank you Beth.
How many servicings would you say this makes, does it refrigerate well?

lol, nice sig.

Great recipe Beth, I'm looking forward to trying it soon.
Don't know what we'll have tonight. GF's mouth is still very tender from unexpected tooth extractions. Maybe some sort of overcooked pasta dish to make things a bit easier to swallow.

Think I'll do a pork tenderloin with a fresh orange and cranberry glaze. Not sure about sides yet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom