Dinner Friday, September 24, 2021 - Happy Birthday to the Crock Pot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Himself told me that today is the 50th birthday of the crock pot. That in no way influenced my menu.

His tummy was wobbly, so I made soft scrambled eggs with American cheese. Homemade scone on the side. I steamed fresh broccoli for me and had it with leftover chicken piccatish and noodles. (I defrosted a scone for myself, too)

What's supper at your place?

I offered SO a choice of chicken wings or BLTs. She chose wings. We didn't have any in stock so I chose BLTs. Made on scali bread with chips and pepperoncini.

2FCA968D-40EA-4990-8135-C06C29BAFBF7_1_105_c.jpg

I mixed in some leftovers with a box of Kraft Mac and cheese. The leftovers were ground beef and sausage, with onions, garlic and chopped green chiles. This mixture was too much for the canning recipe for spaghetti sauce with meat. which I canned yesterday. So I stirred in what didn't fit in the canning jars with the mac, cheese and meat mixture.

Little cooler here which inspired me to make soup. So...

Threw some white beans, ham hocks, onions, garlic and bay leaf to become white bean soup.

Earlier today made a raspberry pie for tonight's and other future desserts.

Added some cornbread to accompany the soup.

Looks like tomorrow will be an encore of today, soup, cornbread and pie left.

Love it because the soup will be even better tomorrow after sitting for 24 hours.

Last edited:
Looks and sounds great everyone!

IMG_0923.jpg

I was real ono for (that's Hawaiian for hankering for) Beef Stroganoff over Egg Noodles!
YUM!
That was ono (also Hawaiian for delicious :LOL:)
I used a half pound of NY Strip Steak, cut very thinnly, Crimini Mushrooms, loads of chopped Onions and a lot of the brown gravy to start.
Served up DH's plate first, minus the Sour Cream.
Next I pulled the pan off heat and stirred in "a dollop of Daisy" for me and Mom.

IMG_0921.jpg

She mopped her plate with a piece of a CI Skillet Roll that I made for lunch.
Honestly, I could have sworn to you she was going to pick her plate and lick it clean :ROFLMAO:

I actually got a "thank you baby, that was really good" outta MOM :ohmy:

Dinner with friends. I made some potato salad, they made pastrami sandwiches. Pastrami was ordered from Katz's Deli in New York. Oh my gosh!!! Wonderful...no pictures, sorry!

Back
Top Bottom