Dinner Friday the 13th!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Having a couple of friends over tonight. I splurged and bought some crab.

So it's

Crab and wild rice salad - I use the wild rice blend
Sliced tomatoes from my garden
Small crescent rolls from the bakery

Dessert, which I rarely make, will be fresh blueberries over pound cake with a tad of whipped cream on top

And the wine, of course!

So far, all I know is we are having pork chops because that is what I took out of the freezer, LOL. I have stuffing, and fresh green beans so that is no problem. Just not sure how to cook the pork chops. I was thinking of in a casserole dish with onions and maybe some chopped up pears? I have grapes, maybe cooked with them?

i brown chops then in casserole i layer apple pie filling or just apples with cinnamon, butter , etc. then chops and dressing to top. bake bout 40 min in 350 degrees.

babe:chef::chef:

DW ended up bringing home chicken wings, side salads, and a coconut cream pie. Not sure how she went from "honey I want KFC smoky habenero chicken" to "honey I got you chicken wings from Jewel" ???

I made paella. It turned out pretty good, but I used tumeric and paprika instead of saffron since it's so expensive.

I was supposed to make it to the store today, but didn't, so I had to scrounge. (I really wanted pork chops, too. Must be a pork chop day from what I read :))
So.... I pan fried some sirloin burgers in EVOO with onion and garlic and made a pan gravy. Something I am "fond" of, Mav ;) Fried some fries. No fresh veggies, but Del Monte will do, cooked with some EVOO, butter and Italian seasoning. Used up the bottom of the bag on some cheese raviolis. And all I could muster for the salad was lettuce, carrots and Vidalia onions :(, but I found some blue cheese dressing :) It hit the spot anyway, but I have got to get to the store.

I was supposed to make it to the store today, but didn't, so I had to scrounge. (I really wanted pork chops, too. Must be a pork chop day from what I read :))
So.... I pan fried some sirloin burgers in EVOO with onion and garlic and made a pan gravy. Something I am "fond" of, Mav ;) Fried some fries. No fresh veggies, but Del Monte will do, cooked with some EVOO, butter and Italian seasoning. Used up the bottom of the bag on some cheese raviolis. And all I could muster for the salad was lettuce, carrots and Vidalia onions :(, but I found some blue cheese dressing :) It hit the spot anyway, but I have got to get to the store.

I may never live that down I am thinking! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom