Dinner is on the table 8/1/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to have kielbasa all the time. I seem to have gotten away from it. I need to find my way back.

Fried Haddock. God's gift to me personally. I love it smoked. Finnan Haddie. :angel:

DH wanted some smoked pork ribs, so they're about to go on the smoker. I'll make cole slaw for him, a green salad for me, and baked beans for us.

In the mood for Mom's ground beef, sauerkraut, rice and tomato soup hotdish. It'll be with Bavarian kraut, which is all I have. I usually use the regular kraut.

Simple but tasty. Pan fried sea bass fillets with small cherry tomatoes in a crusty baguette served with french bean and caper salad.

I have finally mastered how to pan fry sea bass perfectly (I used to be able to do it but forgot how). The trick (to get crispy skin and flesh just delicately, lightly cooked) is to ensure that the fillet - skin side down - makes total contact with the pan (pressing it down with the fingers once it hits the pan and starts to lift up) over a medium heat and waiting until you see the sides of the fish crisp up. (I tend to use a teaspoon to baste the white flesh too). Then turn over and lower the heat....for a bare 1 - 2 minutes. Perfect!

Well, I'm actually going to cook the sauerbraten, but due to a special Saturday only sale on seafood at Penn Dutch, it will be dinner tomorrow. We are having Emeril's "BBQ" shrimp. Fresh, WC, head on, white shrimp from Georgia was part of the sale. We also got a salmon fillet to make gravlax. I couldn't pass on the live, Maine lobster. They got boiled, picked and will soon be vacuum packed, then into the deep freezer for later use.

We're having...

Savory Scotch Meatloaves
Chicken Flavored Rice
Creamy Dill Cucumbers
Corn-On-The-Cob
Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

Yes, it's not pretty. But it sure tastes good!
ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1438463504.850133.jpg

Dawg, that looks like an easy dish. Do you have a recipe? Don't need exact measurements but it is something my family would like.

I'll grill some turkey burgers and serve them with potato salad and macaroni salad.

Sure, Jabbur, thanks! I'll post a separate thread.

My mom wasn't the best of cooks, but this was a recipe I called her for when I was in college.

Craig forgot to mention we also had mini buttermilk biscuits to soak up the BBQ sauce with the shrimp.

DH wanted some smoked pork ribs, so they're about to go on the smoker. I'll make cole slaw for him, a green salad for me, and baked beans for us.

I know everything is brown, but it sure is tasty! That's homemade barbecue sauce for dipping. :yum:

Attachments

• 1438474301297.jpg
    1438474301297.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 180

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom