Dinner. Jan 2, 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight will be leftover beer can chicken, bread giblet dressing, candied yams, cranberries, mashed potatoes and hot rolls.

Beef Bourguignon here since its a whopping 9 degrees out and I have the time. I may make a cobbler with some frozen fruit I have in the freezer.

Tonight seems like a good night for lasagna, so that's what I plan on making. I'll probably cut up the rest of the bread I made yesterday to go with it.

Hot grinders made with toasted buttered grinder rolls, yesterday's New Year's pot roast with a little gravy & melted Cheddar. Also, leftover jello pie for dessert.

We're having black bean and turkey tacos with the standard fixings. Fresh pineapple for dessert (they've been on sale lately and are SO good!).

Nachos here too, my oldest son turns 8 today and that was the requested b-day dinner.

Hot grinders made with toasted buttered grinder rolls, yesterday's New Year's pot roast with a little gravy & melted Cheddar. Also, leftover jello pie for dessert.

Maybe it is 'cause I am Canadian, but I have never heard of Grinders - it is a sausage? But would you be serving sausage with Pot Roast? Hmm, sounds interesting to me. And Jello pie...is that just as it sounds, jello in a pie crust?

Sorry for being uneducated here :LOL:

Maybe it is 'cause I am Canadian, but I have never heard of Grinders - it is a sausage? But would you be serving sausage with Pot Roast? Hmm, sounds interesting to me. And Jello pie...is that just as it sounds, jello in a pie crust?

Sorry for being uneducated here :LOL:

Oops, Sorry, my bad...Grinders are what we call submarine sandwiches here in New England, some call them subs, hoagies, or po' boys (Southern I think). I didn't mix sausage with pot roast, that would go in the "Odd Combinations" thread IMO...;)

Jello pie is a box of jello prepared and then mixed with a tub of whipped cream and poured into a pie crust until it is set. Really yummy, but use regular whipped cream, not low fat or it will separate.

tonight is a pork loin roast, probably some spuds and a veg or two.

dw just called and said dinner is at 6.

life is good. :)

Since today is my birthday I will be letting my roommate do the cooking for me tonight. As to what he will think up and prepare, your guess is as good as mine!

LOL....seems like most are veering towards mexican....here too. We'll be having soft tacos with all the fixings including homemade salsa. I'm going to take a stab at making my own tortilla chips. I'm just going to brush them with some oil, season and bake.

-Baby Back ribs from the oven
It is so cold in Orlando today, I figured it was a good day to have the oven on for long periods of time.

-Skillet Roasted potatoes

-corn (off the cob)

and some jello for dessert :)

Thanks for the explanation Flourgirl. I learn so much here! Anyway also thanks for the pot roast idea. I have decided that is what we are having. I am not much on red meat (though I have to have meat protien as I discovered when I was a happy vegetarian) but DH likes it and I have a great recipe for oriental pot roast.

I also think we will have jello pie for dessert! Hope you don't mind the copy cat;)

Baked ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans and chocolate chip cookies. It is very cold here brrrrrrr

Thanks for the explanation Flourgirl. I learn so much here! Anyway also thanks for the pot roast idea. I have decided that is what we are having. I am not much on red meat (though I have to have meat protien as I discovered when I was a happy vegetarian) but DH likes it and I have a great recipe for oriental pot roast.

I also think we will have jello pie for dessert! Hope you don't mind the copy cat;)

You'll have to post your recipe for Oriental Pot Roast, sounds delish.

Paul's friend brought us some Greek pasta for dinner.
Can't wait to eat. He's a great cook.

I'll make a Greek salad and some squash to go with.

Ribs and fries here tonight. It was going to be ribs and rice but Bugs said "ick". LOL. Think I will do a caesar salad too. And a BIG glass of red wine.

repeat

i enjoyed the fish tacos that i had the other night. so i am having them again.

i use store bought fish , the crispy kind. corn tortillas soft fried.chopped onions, lettuce and lots of cheese ,salsa and sour cream. i like green salsa,i found a wonderful salsa, made with pineapple and peaches. sounds strange but is yummy.

babe :chef:lol

Back
Top Bottom