Dinner july 14th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last night I experimented with something a little different, & really enjoyed it.

Our local market had gorgeous large fresh heads of escarole that were irresistable, so picked one up. In a goodly amount of extra-virgin olive oil, I sauteed & sliced into bite-size pieces some hot Italian turkey sausages. Then thoroughly washed & roughly chopped the whole head of escarole & sauteed it in the pan with the sausage till just wilted, along with several cloves of chopped garlic. Finished by adding one can of drained & rinsed Cannelini beans & a couple of dashes of crushed red pepper flakes, & stirred gently until all was heated through. Tossed the whole shebang with a box of cooked Barilla spaghetti & enjoyed. Fast & delicious - the entire thing didn't take more than 30 minutes from chopping board to table.

Last edited:
LOL.. compared to what everyone else had.. mine was pretty bland. I had to work late last night so ended up eating a bologna sandwich with cheese, and lettuce on it for dinner. BF had dinner with a friend while I was at work. I really didn't feel like cooking something hot just for me. Besides.. i had had a strawberry shortcake at work on my break so had already had enuf calories in me from that.. lol.

Back
Top Bottom