Dinner, July 20, 2020?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Joint effort tonight, but mostly Craig. I prepped side veges and veges for the pilaf. Craig did everything else. Hogfish fillets with crab Diablo stuffing, rice pilaf with onions, celery and mushrooms, and zucchini and carrots on the side. I made a piggy of of myself and ate my whole plate!

Attachments

• 2020-07-20 18.18.02.jpg
    2020-07-20 18.18.02.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 71
Grilling some brined boneless pork chops to go with my world famous ranch potato salad and grilled zucchini.

We had disappointment for supper tonight. I was really cheesed to find that the tomato that I had bought just this past Friday was a puddle of mush when I went to pick it up. :glare: We scrounged leftovers: I had a fried bologna sandwich and the last few bites of potato salad; Himself finished the BBQ ribs with corn and a baked potato. I shouldn't complain, though. Many a person would be happy with less...:(

We ordered from a local Greek pizza place. I had a souvlaki platter. DH had a submarine sandwich and poutine. I had wanted to cook tonight, but I got another migraine.

Reversed seared T-bone on the grill, w/ smothered green beans & taters.........

39817-albums1064-picture8370.jpg
[/IMG]

Over the weekend I crocked potted a rotisserie chicken and made a quart of parsley, basil pesto. For dinner I cooked up a pound of penne pasta, sauteed onion, garlic, cut up chicken, cream and pesto, and stirred it all together. For Dh's lunch box tomorrow, he will get a cold salad of dinner with chopped tomatoes, bacon and ranch dressing added.

IMG_6119.jpg

I made what a thought was a small batch of Summer Slaw,
but it sorta, kinda, morphed into far too much for just
DH and I to eat in the next coupla days.

IMG_6120.jpg

So I shared a lovely BBQ Chicken meal with The One Door Over Neighbors...
they don't cook.
I rang their bell and Missus opens the door,
"Honey, Grub Hub is here!"
:LOL:
I like to share with the two doors over from us every so often.

As DH and I were sitting down to eat our meal, he says,
"Where's the Corn Bread?" :glare:
Could you have reminded me to make that this afternoon !!:ermm:

I picked enough okra from my garden to fry it to go with dinner tonight. We also had steak, grilled pineapple slices, and salad. For dessert, leftover ice cream cake.

Attachments

• 2020-07-20 18.36.35.jpg
    2020-07-20 18.36.35.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 51
The dinner last night actually happened today
I have my Shrimp Cakes planned for tonight, along with baked spuds and steamed broccolini. Pictures to follow later.
Tonight I substituted the Old Bay Seasoning in my recipe for my new love Singapore Seasoning (my spice sage website) and salt. I'll do that from now on..it was just remarkable with the flavor.

Attachments

• P7200056.jpg
    P7200056.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 52
  • P7200057.jpg
    P7200057.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 45
Back
Top Bottom