Dinner June 24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Only have dessert going right now - raspberry jello and Cool Whip parfaits.

amber, I will have to try fajitas at home some time. HH loves them when we go out.

mudbug said:
Only have dessert going right now - raspberry jello and Cool Whip parfaits.

amber, I will have to try fajitas at home some time. HH loves them when we go out.

yes, I love fajitas too and they are easy to make. I've never tried this particular recipe, but it sounds good. I used eye round instead of skirt steak or flank steak, so I hope it comes out good.

Your dessert sounds good!

We're having a Pineapple Vegie Stir-fry, that I think I got from someone here?
We're also have Tender Tasty Pork-chops, that I'm sure I got here...possibly from kadesma? They are marinating right now. I'm going to fix a little brown rice to go with, I guess.

Well, this morning I stopped by our local organic market & picked up some fabulous HUGE dry-pack sea scallops, some organic watercress tips, & some organic cherry tomatoes. Just to give you an idea of the size of the scallops, the 8 I purchased came to 1.25 pounds!!! They were like thick hockey pucks!!

I tossed the scallops with some McCormacks "Monterey Grill Seasoning" & sauteed them in some extra-virgin olive oil. I then made a salad of 80% watercress/20% mixed salad greens + the halved cherry tomatoes & dressed it with some Trader Joe's Garlic Infused Olive Oil, red wine vinegar, sea salt, & black pepper.

Made beds of the dressed salad in large soup bowls & served the scallops right on top. It was wonderfully delicious for a warm, humid, rainy night dinner. I really liked the way the watercress held up to the warm scallops in both texture & peppery flavor.

Constance,
I love pineapple, veggies, and pork chops, so that sounds great to me. Grilled pineapple is so good with just a bit of brown sugar to carmelize with the natural juice :chef:

Breezycooking, it goes without saying that I love dry sea scallops! There is a big difference between dry and water soaked/frozen scallops. :chef:

SizzlininIN said:
How were they Amber? How much Chipolte/Sauce did you use and what was the heat level like?

They were pretty good Sizzlin. I used two peppers with some sauce, heat level was perfect for us. I think the cilantro and the citrus cuts heat level a bit, so for anyone that wants to try this recipe, you might want to add more peppers. I let the beef marinade for about three hours. Tyler Florence said any longer than four hours and the meat may begin to cook because of the citrus.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom