Dinner June 25th (Sunday)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Yesterday we worked our tails off around here so today we're having a relaxing day and that includes me not cooking :) .

I'm patiently waiting for DH to get home from his brothers. We're heading to a festival in a neighboring town......"Arts In The Park". We're going to pick up some chicken dinners and spread out a blanket and enjoy the entertainment on the stage and then walk around and enjoy all the artwork. After that its off to my oldest boys baseball game. Not sure about after that but maybe I'll see if DH wants to drive out to the Parks and walk around. Just a relaxing Sunday for us.

That sounds fun Sizzlin :)

I'm making beef braciole in a pasta sauce, and pasta on the side.

This was last night, but there's still leftover so I'll probably eat that anyway.

Made a Spaghetti al Bolognese and since the GF was tired of red wine, we drank it with a 2004 Alto Adige Pinot Bianco from the Trentino region in Northern Italy.

Pinot Bianco is an off-shoot of Pinot Gris and Pinot Noir is thought to have first been cultivated in the Burgundy region of France. It tends to take on more characteristics of an Old Word Chardonnay rather than that of a Pinot Gris/Grigio. This particular wine is a medium bodies white which showcases green apple, honey, vanilla, and some melon with a crisp texture and medium acidity. I had reservations about drinking it with the heavier Bolognese sauce but you never know until you try it. The sauce really brought the vanilla flavors out in the wine, and the wine also developed a creamier texture with subtle flavors of almond and lychee which made it interesting. Although I would've preferred a red or a thicker bodied white, this wine did hold up the sauce and was enjoyable.

Attachments

• spaghetti-bolognese.jpg
    spaghetti-bolognese.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 258
  • pinot-bianco.jpg
    pinot-bianco.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 258
We had marinated pork loin on the grill, rosemary new potatoes and oven roasted veggies, onions, courgettes, tomatoes, mushrooms and green and yellow peppers with oregano and olive oil.

Tonight I made homemade Spinach Tagliatelle pasta & served it with an Italian Turkey Sausage Bolognese sauce that I had simmering on the stove for a goodly part of the afternoon. Green salad as usual.

Well, PeppA got called in to work, and I saw her in passing as I came home. She called me a little while later and asked if I had decided on anything for supper. I told her I hadn't. She suggested some catfish she had. I got to looking around in the fridge and freezer downstairs in the basement, and found a small package of frozen, breaded catfish fillets. Unfortunately, I don't have enough oil to fry them, nor is it enough.

I got to poking around, and found some frozen chicken breasts. She bought some mushrooms. CLICK! I have Marsala wine, chicken stock, onions, and garlic on hand. So, tonight is my Herbed Chicken Marsala, a quickie packaged rice dish, and some green beans.

It was so hot here we ended up with huge cornedbeef sandwiches on sourdough bread that has cloves of garlic baked in it with tomato,vidalia onions lettuce, mayo and mustard and swiss cheese, potato salad and later there is some homemade ice cream and cookies.

kadesma:)

We went to dd's to pick up the tile saw and they insisted we stay for dinner. Sil cooked a pork tenderloin on the grill and dd made wild rice, speckled butter beans (fresh) sliced tomatoes, cucumbers and rolls. We didn't make dessert, so she sent us home with fresh peaches. All a very nice surprise.

After watching the NASCAR Nextel Cup Race at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, CA my friends and I went to the Third Street AleWorks Brew Pub in Santa Rosa, CA. I had a pulled pork BBQ sandwich with parmesan garlic fries and a glass of their:

Bodega Head IPA
India Pale Ale, or IPA, was developed to quench the thirsts of British settlers in the East and West Indies. The Bodega Head IPA recreates the stylistic ideas of the 1800's. High alcohol and aggressive hop characteristics are matched with a dry malt background and finish. 6.6% Volume.

My friend, Joe, also had the pulled pork sandwich and a glass of:

Stepchild Red
Grain imported from the United Kingdom signifies Clooney's Irish Red Ale. A smooth balance of caramel malt flavor and traditional English hop varieties embody this fine seasonal ale. 5.2% Volume

We had lots of fun at the race and going to the AleWorks was a nice way to end the weekend.

Third Street AleWorks Brewpub

Back
Top Bottom