Dinner March 21st, 2005?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What I want to have and what I will have are two different thing :LOL:

What I want is sushi and a lot of it. What I will have is leftover Chinese if there is any left when I get home.

I think we'll be having a large lunch at a restaurant today, so probably just soup, curry, chili -- something like that from the freezer for dinner. But who knows? We're picking a freind up at the airport, then having lunch. I'm reading to my shut-in friends in the afternoon.

Who knows it's only 9:30 in the morning here.
I didn't even eat breakfast yet, let alone think
about what to make for dinner.
What ARE we going to have for dinner ? lol

Oh, maybe pork chops or something.

I'm in the same boat as middie. I just finished my coffee. I have no earthly idea about dinner, although, I do have some pinto beans, a ham bone with a little bit of ham left on it, hmmmm.....maybe that and some cornbread?

No Idea... I'm not even sure what we have at the house to make dinner with!

John

My son Dennis asked me to make chicken- again-so I printed out Pdswife's recipes for last Sat night's dinner and I went shopping!So thank you Pds wife- I didn't have to give dinnner a second thought!!!

well i cant remember what i had for dinner in march 21st 2005, as what Luvs Food wrote..lol

but i can tell you what were having tonight, march 21st 2006

sausage cassarole, new potatoes, veg, all in the same pot & crusty bread to go with it..Mmmm

oh & the rest of the lemon torte:)

oohh its sooo easy its just like doing a stew,in a big pot,
i brown the sausages first with a little garlic,then throw in shallots, mushrooms,carrots,peas,new potatoes,mixed peppers, 1 tin of chopped tomatoes, lots of fresh herbs, red wine, a knob of butter, a stock cube made with 1 pint of water, a little flour to thicken it if needed

once the sausage is browning i just throw the rest of it all in together, no fuss,
then i put it in the oven on a low heat & let it cook all day
very simple, fast & gives me time to do other things during the day:)

I'm with GB sushi sounds GREAT but... we'll be having something else instead.

What that something is... I couldn't tell you yet. It's way too early to think about dinner. :)

Ok.. dinner tonight will be stuffed peppers using this recipe.
I'm using red peppers instead of green.

Stuffed Peppers with Ground Beef and Rice

• 6 green bell peppers
  • 1 tablespoons butter
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
  • 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
  • 1 clove garlic, crushed
  • 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
  • 2 teaspoons salt, divided
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef or chuck
  • 1 1/2 cups cooked long-grain rice

Cut tops off of the peppers; remove seeds. Dice around the step of peppers and set aside. Place peppers in a large potand then cover with salted water.

Then boil and reduce the heat. Put a lid on the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain peppers and set aside.
Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Sauté chopped green pepper (from tops), diced onion, and diced celery and diced garlic for about 5 minutes, or until vegetables are soft. Add tomatoes and tomato sauce, ,oregano, basil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
In a bowl, combine egg with remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Gently stir to blend; add ground beef, cooked rice, and 1 cup of the tomato mixture. Mix well. Stuff peppers with meat mixture and place in a 3-quart baking dish. Pour remaining tomato mixture over the stuffed peppers. Bake at 350° for 55 to 65 minutes.

luvs_food said:
Dinner March 21st, 2005?
I'm not sure what I had for dinner last year, but we probably ate out. Just teasing you Luvs! Half the time I start to write 1976 on checks, and I have no clue why!

I took a roast out of the freezer last night for tonight, but it looks like I will be fixing that tomorrow instead. It is our 3rd anniversary, and James has decided to take me out for dinner. He asked me where I want to go, but I told him he gets to pick. When he asked why, I told him, "Because I love you and it's your turn. And it's your anniversary too!" lol

:) Barbara

Chicken tonight..Dh and the kids love this and have asked for it today..Boy am I glad it's a quickie:LOL: Just use a large cut up frying chicken, season with salt and pepper, and make one layer in a shallow roasting pan. Brush chicken with melted butter and re-season if you like or just layer and brush with butter and then season/ you can now sprinkle with garlic powder, I like to put in chrushed fresh garlic and some sauteed green onions or leeks, Add some chicken stock and bake covered for about 1-1/2 hrs. Just before serving add butter to the stock and stir well Serve right in the roasting pan with lots of hot french bread to soak up the juices.We add a green salad and either a veggie or some mashed potatoes. dessert will be toffee bars and ice cream.

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom