Dinner May 8, Thursday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
gonna run to the market and see what they have.
found a couple of recipes that interest me and would like to try any one of them.
salmon/chicken/beef stew
again I just have the one day to come up with dinner ideas and not sure, right now nothing sounds good to me, how bout you...

I have some chicken marinating in the frige. It's going to be chicken tikka over lettuce with carrots, red pepper, a little red cabbage, tomato and cucumber tossed in a little ranch and sliced lemon wedges on the side.

I think I'll either make Lo Mein or a Sesame chicken.
I'm feeling Asian today.

It's a very chilly 16C (62 F) here today so I'm making broccoli&cheddar soup to start with. DH is bringing home kudu steaks to grill and I'll make a blue cheese&mushroom sauce, potato&olive mash and a green salad to go with it.

Tonight is just me -(dh went back to the lake, I go when its warmer) !:-p
Sooooooooo I am making fried catfish, fries, corn on the cob and small salad.

actually I just may make a sirloin steak salad with tons of salad ingreds like heirloom toms and pickled beets with hard cooked eggs and bacon, carrots, celery, red onion and the sliced thin grilled steak and call that dinner

Not sure... SO has a Dr. appointment at 5:30. Will decide after that. Maybe take out? Maybe something simple like scrambled eggs. .. I love having breakfast for dinner

It's a beautiful day out today, and after a week of rain I am wanting to get back to my grill....so bbq chicken, potato salad, baked beans, and grilled corn on the cob

David and girlfriend are coming over for dinner tonight.
So, I'm going to make them chicken enchilladas. It's a recipe that
I used to make all the time and one of his favorites. Haven't made it in years and years.

Green salad and maybe a veggie to go with. They are so filling and so fattening that you really don't need much else.

actually I just may make a sirloin steak salad with tons of salad ingreds like heirloom toms and pickled beets with hard cooked eggs and bacon, carrots, celery, red onion and the sliced thin grilled steak and call that dinner

Lefse, that sounds soooooo good!

I am having to do the salmon today whether or not the weather cooperates. I want to grill it, but it looks like it will be stuffed with tomatoes, onions, lemon, butter and dill, wrapped in foil and baked. Not sure of sides, but I am thinking rice pilaf and mustard glazed carrots.

David and girlfriend are coming over for dinner tonight.
So, I'm going to make them chicken enchilladas. It's a recipe that
I used to make all the time and one of his favorites. Haven't made it in years and years.

Green salad and maybe a veggie to go with. They are so filling and so fattening that you really don't need much else.

On second thought, can I come too?

Looking thru the May issue of Bon Appetit, want to try their citrus marinated chicken under a brick, corn-studded polenta and romaine with Parmesan dressing. Have some crabs I'm trying to figure out what to do with/prep. That may be an appetizer.

Last edited:
Quick easy dinner tonight, reheated some left over tofu and tossed it in roasted red pepper salsa and served it over sauteed kale and steamed broccoli. Tasty and fast!

Back
Top Bottom