Dinner May the Fourth, 2016 - What's on your Cantina's menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I have one chicken breast and one full leg to cook up tonight. I figure I'll sear them a bit on top of the stove, then pop into the oven to finish off. Herbs de Provence will be the seasoning. Also roasting some carrots while the oven is on. I have three small zucchini that need fixin', too. Can't decide if I want to pan fry discs, or broil in the toaster oven and brown some Parma cheese on top. Option Two is winning right now. Plus the usual salads.

What's cooking at your place?

May the Forth Be With You!

Have a bunch of frozen asparagus chunks that I nuked and mixed with Idahoan loaded mashed potatoes. Actually tastes pretty good.

It's going to be a light dinner this evening because tomorrow I'm going to get a huge take out Mexican feast from my fave mom and pop Mexican restaurant. :yum: It's just too big of a production to make it myself for just one person.

I'm thinking dinner tonight will be a tuna melt on rye and assorted pickles. :)

I'm making baked herbed chicken. I bought chix quarters, can't think why as they weren't on sale. I guess I will hack off the wing and cook separate. Anyway, dried herb rub, savory, thyme, garlic powder, either sage or rosemary. Buttered frozen corn and mashed potatoes, the best fork-combination ever.

I have a chicken pot pie in the oven. Not sure what, if anything, will go with it. I've got choir rehearsal in a bit so we may go simple and call it good with just the pot pie.

Shrimp scampi using royal reds over jasmine rice. Supposed to be pasta but I'm tired of it.

I still think of the Kent State killings every May 4th. I was a college student then and just couldn't believe it happened.

Anyway, still working on the delicious green chile chicken soup.

I, too, think of the Kent State Four every year. I worked with a woman who's husband was there that day. A photojournalism major, she knew he'd be out in the thick of it. Thankfully, he was safe. Others, not so much. Star Wars was a happier theme for the thread, though.

I was cold all day, so I figured I'd drop the salad and make three veggie choices. By the time I was done prepping everything to cook I wasn't cold anymore. :LOL: Ended up making a wedge-less Wedge Salad, chopping up the slab of iceburg.

Attachments

• 2016-05-04 21.49.46.jpg
    2016-05-04 21.49.46.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 164
I still think of the Kent State killings every May 4th. I was a college student then and just couldn't believe it happened.

DH was attending Kent State at the time, and one of the girls killed was a good friend of his.

Nice food, guys, and nice food pic, CG!

Last edited:
The Linguini and Clam Sauce was postponed until tonight. Last night was clean out refrigerator night.

The good news is my sweet SousChef actually got a full on delicious pasta dinner tonight for the first time in months. I love cooking for that man! I must admit my simple sauce is delicious and tonight I was inspired to add a healthy squirt of anchovy paste that took it right over the top with flavor. Mine served over the "guilt free noodles" was passable because the sauce was so flavorful. The conclusion is they are better than nothing. ;)

As we prepare to leave this community and our days grow few here, our social calendar is filling up!
We went out to dinner again this evening with neighbors to say our final goodbyes.
So that was last night, tonight and again on Saturday; we haven't gotten to next week, our last week here yet, who knows what that holds.

Back
Top Bottom