Dinner Menus for April 4th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
What's on the menu for dinner at your home? Our menu will include Cajun shrimp in cream sauce with farfalle.

I've closed my kitchen prior to blast off, :clap:
so we're going out
to this Mom&Pop Italian BYOB joint
a few towns over
:yum:
Where are you blasting off to?

I put some boneless chicken thighs in a marinade with lime juice, Penzeys Arizona Dreaming, salt and olive oil last night (was supposed to be last night's dinner but ran out of spoons) for grilled chicken fajitas. That will tonight's dinner instead.

Roast beef with mash tatters and mushy peas and gravy. Complete with Yorkshire pud. The beef melted in my mouth. Best moist beef I've had in a long time.

Russ

Breakfast for dinner, butter poached eggs, breakfast sausage, potato latkes, and English muffins. It was various shades of brown so I didn't take a picture.

Chicken tray bake 'alla Pugliese'

After the discussions, I had to put this on the menu. I bought chicken leg quarters (drumsticks and thighs), and separated them. I salted and dried (in the fridge) the chicken pieces for a few hours. Veggies were potatoes, turnips, carrots, and red onions, tossed with a bit of EVOO. I didn't have any big bacon chunks, so I added some diced bacon strips about 15 minutes before the chicken was done. Green salad on the side.

Mrs. T gave me strict orders to do this again.

I had a chunk of Angus beef sirloin. I had eaten a steak out of that chunk of beef and thought it was a little chewy. So, tonight I used the other 2/3 of that chunk of steak. I sliced it against the grain into thin strips. When they were nicely browned, I deglazed the pan with wine, added some thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, and fish sauce, then added some half and half. I finished it off with a couple of chunks of butter. Served it with a very simple salad with a homemade vinaigrette and leftover sunchokes. DH had a leftover baked potato instead of the sunchokes. The steak came out great and the sauce was pan licking good.

I had intended to chop some garlic and onion for the sauce, but I just ran out of spoons. The garlic and onion powders worked well.

Attachments

• IMG_20190404_193408.jpg
    IMG_20190404_193408.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 130
I didn't feel like cooking tonight, so I had pizza. Not delivery, DiGiorno. My first DiGiorno pizza. Not bad. Thin crust, pepperoni and peppers.

CD

GG, doesn't K-Girl and her hubby usually head for Hawaii about this time of year?

I did a little grocery shopping today, so I had the store that fries your seafood to order fix up some 20-30 count scallops. Sides were lightly buttered fresh green beans and multigrain baguette. I also made us arugula and romaine salads topped with seared prosciutto, roasted pears, and chopped pistachios.
IMG_20190404_204814381_HDR.jpg

Lovely looking dinners, Taxy and CG. :yum:

I had a variety platter. I was working in the back yard this afternoon, and time got away from me, so no cooking. A couple of deviled eggs, olives, pickles, various cheeses, crackers, raw sugar snap peas, strawberries, and blueberries.

I didn't feel like cooking tonight, so I had pizza. Not delivery, DiGiorno. My first DiGiorno pizza. Not bad. Thin crust, pepperoni and peppers.

CD

I've never tried one of those, but have been meaning to. Good thing to have in the freezer for one of those throw together evenings. Thanks for the review, Casey.

Where are you blasting off to?

I put some boneless chicken thighs in a marinade with lime juice, Penzeys Arizona Dreaming, salt and olive oil last night (was supposed to be last night's dinner but ran out of spoons) for grilled chicken fajitas. That will tonight's dinner instead.

GG, doesn't K-Girl and her hubby usually head for Hawaii about this time of year?

I did a little grocery shopping today, so I had the store that fries your seafood to order fix up some 20-30 count scallops. Sides were lightly buttered fresh green beans and multigrain baguette. I also made us arugula and romaine salads topped with seared prosciutto, roasted pears, and chopped pistachios.
View attachment 34295

GG & CG, we're off to Cali-for-ni-a and Nevada again
(too early for Hawaii ;))
I'll be MIA maybe for a bit … LET'S GO!

GG & CG, we're off to Cali-for-ni-a and Nevada again...
I was going to say "off to see The Mama?"...but you answered my question before I got to ask. Have a nice visit. :heart:

...They let you BYOB to restaurants in AZ? :huh:...
We have a few of those around here, too, Cheryl. One place, Metro Bistrot, looks like it might be a delightful little find - or an awkward experience. From reading over the website, I still haven't decided if the proprietor is a kindred spirit or an arrogant...jerk.

Back
Top Bottom