Dinner Monday 01-17-2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have some thin steaks I am going to season and cook on the stovetop grill pan. Serve w/ baked potatoes and steamed brocolli.

Something good and hearty. I'm thinking a beef/pork stew. I'll do biscuits to go with. I'll bake something too if I don't have to dash out soon.

We never cooked and ate yesterday's meal. No appetite after the football game.

So tonight it's pork chops stuffed with spinach and feta, baked sweet potato and a veggie.

I am not sure as it will depend on what happens with Dad's doctor appointment and when we get home (it is out of town). Soup, leftover pulled pork or spaghetti are on the short list.

Hello everyone,

Tonight's dinner will be homemade creamy tomoato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.

My gang's still on cloud nine after last night's NY Jet's win ... GO JETS!

Enjoy the day:chef:

I've got a real urge for some SPAM!!!
:ROFLMAO:

Probably a couple cold chicken sandwiches from the bird I cooked yesterday and some soup I made the other night.

Ground beef chop suey over white rice. I know it sounds weird, but it is really good. Basically, it is ground beef, celery, onion, and bean sprouts stir-fried together. Beef broth, soy sauce, and corn starch is added for the sauce.

But I also have boneless beef ribs and bbq sauce in the crockpot for meals later in the week. With the ribs I am going to make a vinegar based (no mayo) coleslaw.

It's going to be sesame chicken, stir fry sesame string beans and jasmine rice.

I'm not sure if you'd call it Chic-key Stew or Turk-en Stew.

I make a stock out of last week's roast chicken and the turkey legs that I had in the freezer from Thanksgiving. I'm adding carrots, celery and the remaining wild rice from Saturday and some leftover chicken. I'm going to try thickening it with some flour/butter and serve it with some biscuits or dumplings.

I have a bunch of choices, chili dogs, baked spaghetti, grilled sandwiches. I'll see what DH wants from those choices.

Savory smoked butterflied thick cut pork chops.
Salt, pepper, Herbs de Provence slow oak smoked at 175 for 5 hours
Fresh sourdough bread
Cut corn

Back
Top Bottom