Dinner Monday, 1-11-2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kgirl, your dinner looks good. :yum: CG, I saved that recipe for Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup....sounds delicious. Kay, I'm looking forward to hearing about your new recipe.

Everyone's dinners sound so good tonight! :yum:

I had a bowl of leek and potato soup. Then I had some blue tortilla chips. If I get hungry again, I'll have a BLT.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm putting together what I'll call Tuscan Pizza Casserole.
It will be low carb and I'm combining a couple of recipes I do. If it turns out well I'll be happy to post it for anyone interested.

OK, this is a winner in our book. Think deep dish Pizza without a crust.
It's very rich, not low cal, but low carb for sure. The Kale was a great addition we really liked. I'll work out the recipe and post it tomorrow.

img_1450828_0_b91bb0e8f2e7f4a15b05549752af9112.jpg

Yum, K-girl and Kay! Lovely sounding dinners, all.

One of the restaurants I bartended at back in the day would make us what we'd call "pizza guts". Basically deep dish pizza with no crust. Absolutely wonderful.

I'd bet you could make sort of a crust by spreading grated parm I the pan. It would get crispy when baked.

I'm trying to cook out of the pantry and freezer for a couple of weeks. There's so much stuff, I can't put any,more in there and I have three freezers (not full-size, but still...)

So tonight, I made pinto bean, cheese and green chile enchiladas with homemade tomatillo salsa, using green chiles and tomatillos frozen from last summer's garden. I also had some leftover rice cooked with chicken broth, so I reheated that with a couple tablespoons of jarred red salsa and a tablespoon of tomato paste from the freezer. Then I mixed together some sour cream, lime juice and zest and cilantro with a little salt and sugar. It turned out really well.

Attachments

• 1452573332863.jpg
    1452573332863.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 163
  • 1452573345557.jpg
    1452573345557.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 161
I love the term "Pizza guts" Dawg....perfect.

Andy, you're so right about a sort of crust on the bottom with cheese.

Your dinner looks wonderful GG!

Last edited:
I had a bowl of leek and potato soup. Then I had some blue tortilla chips. If I get hungry again, I'll have a BLT.
I did get hungry and I did have that BLT. Stirling came home wanting a low carb snack and he smelled the bacon as he walked in the door. I had just cooked it. Well, we have a rule here. If you cook bacon, you have to cook enough for everyone who can smell it. I cooked three rashers of bacon for him. It was the perfect low carb snack.

I'm trying to cook out of the pantry and freezer for a couple of weeks. There's so much stuff, I can't put any,more in there and I have three freezers (not full-size, but still...)

So tonight, I made pinto bean, cheese and green chile enchiladas with homemade tomatillo salsa, using green chiles and tomatillos frozen from last summer's garden. I also had some leftover rice cooked with chicken broth, so I reheated that with a couple tablespoons of jarred red salsa and a tablespoon of tomato paste from the freezer. Then I mixed together some sour cream, lime juice and zest and cilantro with a little salt and sugar. It turned out really well.

Dagnabit, GG, those enchiladas look so good! Missing Mexico...

I had a ham and Havarti sandwich with mayo and sprouts on whole grain toast. Healthy CAN be delicious! I keep telling myself.:innocent:

We had bibimpap made with the Korean-style marinated pork belly I started Sunday. Cooked it for about 2.5 hours yesterday at 300. Ended up cutting off the skin cause it got a little dark (even with foil tent) and cutting meat up in cubes. Served with jasmine rice, bibimpap sauce, garnishes of shitakes, carrots, spinach, bean sprouts, with an over-easy egg on top. No leftovers cause someone REALLY liked the pork belly marinated and cooked that way. I'll admit I had a few nibbles as well while I was cubing it up. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom