Dinner Monday, 1-11-2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Soup me! :yum: Soup will probably be our dinner theme the rest of this week. We love it, but it's been too warm for steaming bowls of the stuff until now. Just as we rarely eat salad when temps are in the low 50s, we don't bother with soup until it gets below 50. Weird people, we are, right? :LOL:

Tonight we'll be pigging out on Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice soup. My version of the Panera copy cat recipe I found. Half the work is done since I cut up the rotisserie chicken yesterday and made almost two quarts of stock from the bones and such. The quicker I can make it, the sooner we'll be eating it.

What's supper at your home tonight?

Even though it's cold today, my husband will fire up the grill and we'll have grilled teriyaki chicken thighs, rice, and roasted cauliflower/broccoli mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm putting together what I'll call Tuscan Pizza Casserole.
It will be low carb and I'm combining a couple of recipes I do. If it turns out well I'll be happy to post it for anyone interested.

I'm putting together what I'll call Tuscan Pizza Casserole.
It will be low carb and I'm combining a couple of recipes I do. If it turns out well I'll be happy to post it for anyone interested.

Please do.

We will be finishing some leftovers; au gratin potatoes with ham.

Made a batch of hummus. Still have a bunch of turkey vegetable soup left, but we're both kind of sick of it by now so it might be freezer time.

Guess it's fend for yourself night.

I'll be having a cheddar, monterey jack, and roasted jalapeno quesadilla with sliced mango on the side.

Tonight I am taking gourmet to the next level!!!!! For starters is some celery with pimento cheese from a jar. The main dish will be canned green beans with some cut up leftover ham steak and a cube of bullion. Dessert will be some grapes and a twinkle. :chef:

Please do not beat me.............:wacko:

Tonight I am taking gourmet to the next level!!!!! For starters is some celery with pimento cheese from a jar. The main dish will be canned green beans with some cut up leftover ham steak and a cube of bullion. Dessert will be some grapes and a twinkle. :chef:

Please do not beat me.............:wacko:

:LOL: No beating here....serve those up on pretty plates and there ya go! :chef::)

Well thank you. I had a long day at work and feel lazy. :LOL: eat what you have right. :yum:

You had me at pimento cheese! My elegant repast last night was movie popcorn with faux butter. As you can see, we are all gourmands...

Last edited:
You had me at pimento cheese! My elegant repast last night was movie popcorn with faux butter. As you can see, we are all gourmands...

Lol every so often I make pimento cheese. The stuff in a jar is yummy to though..........
Yesterday for lunch I had popcorn with the spray faux butter and a little garlic salt. :yum:

Lol every so often I make pimento cheese. The stuff in a jar is yummy to though..........
Yesterday for lunch I had popcorn with the spray faux butter and a little garlic salt. :yum:

Love the stuff in the jar, and you get a free glass!

We throw the word "faux" around here a lot. Just to show folks how classy we are, and that we speak good French really good.

Love the stuff in the jar, and you get a free glass!

We throw the word "faux" around here a lot. Just to show folks how classy we are, and that we speak good French really good.

Lol have a good evening. Its time for sleep here. BTW my real name is Matthew. I can't consistently get here, but I like this board. There are some good people here! :)

003.JPG

I am in Kayelle's camp right now, low carb, fat and sugar for awhile...
so here's what I made for our supper.
I found this adorable tiny Cauliflower and thought I'd give it another shot,
both DH and I DO NOT care for it, but my mantra in the past few years has been, try it cooked a different way.
I roasted the florets in olive oil and garlic then finished it with S&P a a grate of Grana Padano, DELISH!
Along side is leftover roast Turkey Breast, Zucchini and some steamed Rapini.
NO dessert, wah! :(
No wine :sob: :cry:
I'll live...

That looks delish Kgirl, but don't despair. I'll never give up my vino as it only has 2 carbs per glass. ;)

I WISH I could have a glass (or three ;)),
but alas, I am not allowed on this diet, I mean different way of eating... it's only for 6 weeks at a time, 6 on, 6 off, 6 on, etc. until you reach your goal... see the thing is that I WAS at my goal and then, well, you've seen my posts :ermm::ohmy::LOL:;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom