Dinner Monday 10/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
after dinner of mini-burgers, gonna cook jake an official-sorta meal.
probably beef, as we've dined amongst pork, beef brisket, & such lately.
his decison after work.

Last edited:
ROFPMSL

Well, after my fish 'n' chips inspired Snoop to have some, I have been re-inspired by her to have fish 'n'chips AGAIN! lol

In fact, a friend of a friend has opened an organic fish and chip shop (not quite sure how the fish can be organic....unless farmed, yuk!) and they want some "totty" to make the place look popular and attractive to the locals, so we are being temptedd with free organic fried food...lol

Actually I had a great physio session today, and I often don't feel very hungry afterwards, so I might sample the gerkhins and pickled onions rather than the fish. I here there is a good pub in that village so I imagine the drink will be fairly notable tonight!

we will have cabbage rolls, rice and lemon butter sauce... sounds a bit crazy, but are all leftovers from the weekend :)

I've flip-flopped back and forth - first it was salmon patties (from all the talk around here today!) but yesterday I wanted an Asian meatball soup - so it's the Asian meatball soup that won - meatballs made with ground pork, ginger, scallions, egg, sherry, soy sauce, and other goodies in there too.

But I have until 5:00 when I get off work to make a final decision! I will take several recipes with me so I can go to the grocery store right after work.

I'm making gumbo (Zattarans brand, not homemade this time) for my husband, and since I'm not a gumbo fan, I'll probably eat leftovers.

Tonight is Buck's Lions Club meeting. He'll be fed there. I plan to raid the refrigerator for leftovers. On his meeting nights, the kitchen is usually closed here and I get a night off. I may just have a bowl of popcorn. I do that sometimes.:rolleyes:

rickell said:
what cut? what are you going to prepare with it?

That's a good question.
We butchered it ourselves ( with lots of help from a very good friend).
It's a steak but.. I'm not sure where it came from. Sure looks good though.

It was a doe so it should be nice and tender.
I think I'll grill up some onions to go with it. Unless you have a better idea??:)

pdswife said:
That's a good question.
We butchered it ourselves ( with lots of help from a very good friend).
It's a steak but.. I'm not sure where it came from. Sure looks good though.

It was a doe so it should be nice and tender.
I think I'll grill up some onions to go with it. Unless you have a better idea??:)

nope sure don't, i am actually looking for ideas my husband will be going
deer hunting in a few weeks or so. i have talked him into only having some
of it processed into summer sausage. normally he has most of it processed
into sausage. out of the 17 yrs we have been together he has only brought
home cuts of the deer twice, all the other years have been sausage all though it is good i feel it could be wasting good meat. venison is very
expensive in the store. we have to be missing out.

Yes!! It is a waste!!! The steaks and stew meat are so much better.
The SS is good but not as special as the steaks. It's been years since I've had any fresh venison. I can't wait for tonight.

Think tonight we will either have parmesan chicken or lemon herb chicken GRILLED (see Elfie, I can talk southern too! :rolleyes: ). It is so beautiful outside today that might be the way we go. I'll wait til the girls get home and let them decide. Think we will also have some yellow beans and carrots from the garden and I can't decide on a carb. I am sick to bloody death of potatoes, and if I serve rice Ken might think I'm mad at him. Suggestions anyone?

Back
Top Bottom