Dinner Monday, 2-4-2019 ~ Must-Go Monday here, what about you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
We have various leftovers from the past five or six days. We'll be working our way through those. Are you recycling, or are you fixing/taking out fresh? What's your plan, Stan?

I watched a YouTub video from America's Test Kitchen and Dan made Turkey Breast En Cocotte. I love Turkey and this looked like a great way to guaranty a moist and juicy Bird.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSdiV_vjQMQ

I still have frozen Pillsbury Cresent Rolls, Stuffin Muffins leftover from Thanksgiving AND FROZEN CORN kernels.
005.jpg

003.jpg

Stuffin Muffin.jpg

008.jpg
[Thanksgiving Dinner 2018]

I've already peeled and cubed a Russset Potato for some Mash and gravy will made after that fantastic smelling pot when it comes out of the hot box.

So yeah, part of our dinner will be leftover you could say.

Now, if I just had some Pie too :yum:
004.jpg

I marinated meaty individual pork ribs in TJ's Soyaki overnight and they've been tightly wrapped in foil at 225 degrees for the target time of 140 minutes. I'll dip them individually in more Soyaki, broil till browned, and serve with leftover cornbread and salads.

Last edited:
I had some leftover shrimp cocktail from my Super Bowl meal and some leftover stuff vegetables, dolma, that my sister made for our dinner Friday night. Top that all off with a couple glasses of wine and I'm all set for the night. Until dessert.

Should have just made this yesterday. Would have saved a lot doing dishes today. Although now I have soft hands and Nachos for dinner.

I watched a YouTub video from America's Test Kitchen and Dan made Turkey Breast En Cocotte. I love Turkey and this looked like a great way to guaranty a moist and juicy Bird.

Nice! :yum:

Just grazing here tonight.

CD

Last edited:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSdiV_vjQMQ

I still have frozen Pillsbury Cresent Rolls, Stuffin Muffins leftover from Thanksgiving AND FROZEN CORN kernels.
View attachment 33462

View attachment 33463

View attachment 33464

View attachment 33465
[Thanksgiving Dinner 2018]

I've already peeled and cubed a Russset Potato for some Mash and gravy will made after that fantastic smelling pot when it comes out of the hot box.

So yeah, part of our dinner will be leftover you could say.

Now, if I just had some Pie too :yum:
View attachment 33466

VERY nice! That would hit the spot.

DW made breaded chicken cutlets and cheesy mashed, but I had no time to eat, so I hauled the dishes into work and picked up takeout Chinese tonight.

Went in to the city to my brother's 60th yesterday.....Big family dangler..stopped by my favorite Italian Grocer and stocked up..It's Italian week here at the grotto..

Tonight was Linguine clam sauce..

Attachments

• 51518298_368426413709279_3559443366192087040_n.jpg
    51518298_368426413709279_3559443366192087040_n.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 114
Mmmm, Linguini alla Vongole!

Molto ben fatto.

Nice pic, too. I can't recall ever making clam sauce in cast iron, but it looks great with the knotty pine counter.

Mmmm, Linguini alla Vongole!

Molto ben fatto.

Nice pic, too. I can't recall ever making clam sauce in cast iron, but it looks great with the knotty pine counter.
I use that pan for everything I can...Perfect size for GF and I, and high edges so I don't get the ingredients splashed everywhere..The old pine table came with the house. GF finished it this past summer..

YUM, everyone!

One of my jobs over the weekend was doing a major clean out of the fridge, and several things in the freezer. Washed down all the glass shelves in the fridge, wiped down the sides, and threw out several jars and bottles of condiments that may have been OK, but not taking a chance....plus several of them were down to less than a third or so of the contents.

So...to answer your question in the original post, CG....I used up a lot of leftovers over the weekend and did a small grocery shopping today for produce and to replace some condiments, but went out to lunch and brought home leftover ribs and cabbage slaw for this evenings dinner. :ermm::LOL:

Last edited:
We had store bought tortellini with a sauce with no tomatoes. I took ideas from the thread where I asked for suggestions for a sauce with no tomatoes. It had butter, EVOO, chopped garlic, three anchovies, chili flakes, white wine, and cream. When the tortellini was cooked, I tossed it with the sauce, some freshly grated Parmagiano Regiano and chopped parsley. That worked really well. Taste was perfect and it really improved the store bought tortellini.

We had store bought tortellini with a sauce with no tomatoes. I took ideas from the thread where I asked for suggestions for a sauce with no tomatoes. It had butter, EVOO, chopped garlic, three anchovies, chili flakes, white wine, and cream. When the tortellini was cooked, I tossed it with the sauce, some freshly grated Parmagiano Regiano and chopped parsley. That worked really well. Taste was perfect and it really improved the store bought tortellini.

Wow, that sauce sounds good. I'm going to make that. I don't need an exact recipe, I think I can wing it. I will probably switch out the chili flakes for some homegrown chilis I have in the freezer from last summer.

CD

Tonight I made a batch of spareribs in black bean sauce. Mentioning those black beans on another thread made me think of these, plus, it was 62º out, and putting my exhaust fan on high doesn't matter as much then, as when it is 16º out!

I didn't eat even half of these, so there are some left over for Chinese New Year, starting Tuesday.
Finished dish. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Mom had a shrimp & flounder combo plate with french fries & cole slaw from a local seafood place, I had a shrimp and scallop plate with a salad and corn nuggets from same seafood place. 12-layer chocolate cake for dessert - Mom and I split a slice.

Tonight I made a batch of spareribs in black bean sauce. Mentioning those black beans on another thread made me think of these, plus, it was 62º out, and putting my exhaust fan on high doesn't matter as much then, as when it is 16º out!

I didn't eat even half of these, so there are some left over for Chinese New Year, starting Tuesday.
Finished dish. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Mmm, that looks good. Do you have a recipe for the black bean sauce?

I remember having snails in spicy black bean sauce years ago that was delicious. You'd peel off the foot pad, and use a pin to pull out the little bugger inside. But the sauce that they were tossed in really made it. I just happen to see similar little snails in the Ridgefield H-Mart, so I'd love to try to reproduce the dish.

Air Fryer Rotisserie - Rev B...

Well, I think the bird was an improvement over the first one, but I'm not sure I'll use the rotisserie function again...clean-up is a real chore....... just something about the Convection oven in the stove .... self - cleaner !!

Nice Skin ...

Chicken, Rotisserie 1.jpg

.... Cooked thru nicely...

Chicken, Rotisserie 2.jpg

Plated, with Mashed Yukons under Creamed Corn, Steamed Brussels Sprouts with a Cheddar Drizzle...

Chicken, Rotisserie, .jpg

Last edited:
Had a nagging headache most of yesterday. I went to audit the Plant Pathology class with our new group of master gardener students, but had to leave early because the headache came back. DH heated up leftover sloppy Joes from the other night and made steamed buttered green beans to go with it.

Back
Top Bottom