Dinner Monday 22nd of August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
I'll be making my signature dish for dinner with a few changes since I'm all out of bacon. Using a meat sauce instead with ground beef and tomato.

Good morning all,

My oldest son son is going back to college this week. I can't believe the summer is almost over. My other two don't start until after Labor Day.

Dinner tonight will be a roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, and a mix of sauteed garden vegetables.

Enjoy the day!

Good morning to you as well. I'm trying to think of what to do. I finally went through the fridge and jettisoned all the leftovers that had a little age on them. I have a bowl of pasta salad that I want to save for tomorrow (Tuesday is a hectic one for me, so I'm thinking cold pasta with a grilled chicken breast I have in the freezer). So, what for today? Husband has been hankering for a salad nicoise. Maybe.

I'm thinking a nice stove top meal. Maybe calves liver cooked in bacon grease with mashed potatoes. That could change ten hours from now though.

Gotta be a chop on the grill to make the most of the end of summer here. Haven't decided what kind though. Pork is fantastic here, but I use it often as a result. Lamb not so available and same for veal. Guess I'll just go see what looks good.

Pap Tert (White Polenta Tart) made and ready to pop in the oven! Tried it with a curried minced beef and tomato sauce this time. Tasted everything and I think this recipe is a keeper :) Yay, another variation of my signature dish. I love messing around with my recipes lol!

Pap Tert (White Polenta Tart) made and ready to pop in the oven! Tried it with a curried minced beef and tomato sauce this time. Tasted everything and I think this recipe is a keeper :) Yay, another variation of my signature dish. I love messing around with my recipes lol!

Sounds like what I had for dinner tonight :P

I have some rice in the fridge that needs to get used so I'm thinking of adding some chicken and some sauce to it and making a casserole. I have community choir tonight and DH is teaching (first class of the new semester) so this will be something I can pop in the oven and we can eat in stages.

This is the first year in 22 years that I'm not getting a child ready to go back to school!

Since I have nearly a half bushel of sweet banana peppers, we're at least going to have stuffed banana peppers tonight. Not sure what all else. That will become clearer as the day progresses.

Inspiration has hit...a little. I've prepped some green tomatoes for fried green tomatoes and there's some leftover fettuccini from last night's arribiata. I'll add some olive oil and some herbs and serve it as a side. That should take care of things.

Pan-fried walleye (caught it yesterday at Lake of the Woods), fresh corn-on-the-cob, tossed salad. I'll take pics of the fish--since I've got a pic of the fish on the stringer <g>. I'm having a hard time deciding when to head back to Ontario--really enjoying the walleye. And, I have chokecherries ready to make jelly. The things I miss about MN.

Decided on a sort of Spanish rice/paella. Lots of fresh tomatoes, some spicy stock I made from something over the winter and need the freezer space for tomato sauce I'm making every weekend for the next month or so.

I didn't know what to make. I think it's because of laziness, and it's been so muggy in the apartment that I don't want to bother with the oven. So, I decided on chicken noodle soup, done in the crock-pot. Mark hasn't been feeling good, mainly because of allergies. He always enjoys semi(homemade) soup.

I have to turn the oven on at some point tonight, because I have bananas to use up. They won't make it another day, I'm afraid. It should be cooler later on.

I found some pork ribs in the freezer yesterday and took them out to defrost... so.. I got creative.

This morning I took out the small crock-pot and added some cubed red potatoes and baby carrots and sliced onion on the bottom. Next I seasoned the ribs with salt and pepper, put them on top of the veg and then topped them with onion slices and 3 cloves of thin-sliced garlic. Added 1/4 cup of water and cooked on low for 10 hours.

Sorry no pictures...it went too fast. :)

I found some pork ribs in the freezer yesterday and took them out to defrost... so.. I got creative.

This morning I took out the small crock-pot and added some cubed red potatoes and baby carrots and sliced onion on the bottom. Next I seasoned the ribs with salt and pepper, put them on top of the veg and then topped them with onion slices and 3 cloves of thin-sliced garlic. Added 1/4 cup of water and cooked on low for 10 hours.

Sorry no pictures...it went too fast. :)

I do a parallel recipe, with one more change.
I season the ribs (usually country style) and sear them on all sides on the grill, then layer them like you said in a pressure cooker with some chicken broth. Twenty minutes later... ooh, la-la... :)

Baked Ham and Swiss Sandwich and Cantaloupe.
Vanilla Ice Cream with Caramel for dessert.:chef:

I think I just ate my dinner. I saw that bologna in the fridge that I smoked yesterday, so cut a hunk off and cubed it, then I cut up some Swiss cheese squares, grabbed some triscuits and some spicy brown mustard and now I think I'm good for the night.

Back
Top Bottom