Dinner Monday, 5-12-2014 ~ Good eats?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
It's hot here. I'm tired and crabby. I'll make salads and then we'll each be on our own for sandwiches, on the Griddler if we chose. I have 4 breads (cranberry pecan, sesame semolina, honey wheat, and a last bit of multi-grain), a couple lunch meats (chicken, ham, pepperoni), I'll nuke a bit of bacon, and I have four or five different sliced cheeses. Tomatoes, lettuce, condiments and avocado for topping. I plan on making mine with the cranberry bread, chicken/bacon/avo and a touch of mayo. :yum: Hmm, dinner might be early tonight.

Strip loin, mashed taters, mushrooms, salad....

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 211
Making chili for dinner. Trying a new chili seasoning packet. Smells yummy, and spoon sample tasty. :)

I think I'm going to have to block RockLobster's contribution to this thread...I get soooooo hungry for what he's making...(which means that steak looks amazing, Rock!)

Tonight's salad and pizza, the only frozen pizza I can stand - Newman's Own Thin and Crispy Four Cheese Pizza - it's excellent.

Left over pasta Florentine from last night. I used a pressure cooker recipe where the noodles cook right in the sauce with everything else. I love one pot dinners.

Just me for dinner tonight. Mrs. K is off conventioning in Las Vegas. I put together a quick southwest chicken & spinach salad with smoked balsamic vinaigrette.

Never had smoked balsamic vinegar, you say? You should. It's magnificent. :yum:

img_1363032_0_4c780556c6ff47e26ed71b2697106260.jpg

Jasmine rice with steamed slices of lop cheung over it. Sliced cucumber with Maggi seasoning srpitzed over it. Nothing fancy---- didn't feel like cooking.

Since I was off watching our grandson's baseball game during prime dinner preparation time, we had leftovers. Shish kebab, grilled veggies and pilaf.

Just me for dinner tonight. Mrs. K is off conventioning in Las Vegas. I put together a quick southwest chicken & spinach salad with smoked balsamic vinaigrette.

Never had smoked balsamic vinegar, you say? You should. It's magnificent. :yum:

img_1363047_0_4c780556c6ff47e26ed71b2697106260.jpg

If my chicken would look like that, Steve, I'm in! :yum: Where do you find smoked balsamic?

We get leftovers tonight here.

Last edited:
I had a quesadilla made with cheddar, bell peppers, Vidalia onion and thin sliced smoked Italian chuck roast from yesterday.

Those pictures look finger licking good!

We had easy Mexican chicken and rice. I just browned some seasoned chicken thighs, added some rice and onions to the skillet to brown a bit and topped the chicken with Herdez Salsa along with some water and salsa to the surrounding rice. Covered the skillet and baked for 35 minutes in the oven. Easy peazy and good!
Green salad a la Steve.

I made a huge salad (baby spinach, kale, and swiss chard) with yellow sweet pepper, cucumber, radish, celery, green onion, chives, pansy blossoms, and blackberries dressed with simple EVOO and cane vinegar, freshly ground black pepper.

Rock, that steak looks so good if you were a prison cook I'd commit a crime!

Steve, that chicken has a nice sear. Did you do it on the grill outside or on a grill pan in the kitchen?

We had a rotisserie chicken with Caesar salad (me) and Greek salad (TB). I am making my own dressings so that they are safe for us and I am having a lot of fun with it! :chef:

Back
Top Bottom